Volt - Chapter 67

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

We slowly walked into the town, all of us amazed at how quickly they had decorated it and how nicely it had turned out. As Cinder led us through the streets of the town, we passed market stalls, restaurants, houses, and more, we looked through all the decorations in amazement. The town had changed so much in just a short amount of time, going from a quaint town to a lively festival ground when the day came.

"So, this is where the festival should be held." Cinder explained, pointing out to a far-away field that was filled to the brim with flowers other than a handful of paths that ran through it.

"Wow..." Ribbon and Frost both exclaimed, looking upon the endless expanse of flowers.

"This is so awesome! So, uh... how long do you all want to stay together?" Ribbon asked, looking towards me and Frost. The two of us looked at each other before turning back to them, both of us shaking our heads.

"Just whenever, really. We're fine with doing it now you'd like, though. Do you want to do it now?" Frost asked, stepping closer to me.

Ribbon nuzzled against Cinder, nodding. "It's not really dark out yet, but... I don't see why not. This is what we came here for, after all. So, I guess... we'll see you two later?"

"I guess so... I'll see you later!" Frost cried, hugging Ribbon. Cinder slowly walked up to me, leaning over to my ear.

"Good luck, bro." He whispered with a smile, quickly grabbing his things from my back then walking back towards Ribbon. The two of them turned away and trotted into the town, staying by each other's side as they went. We watched them for a moment, but soon they were lost in the crowds as the streets slowly began to flood. I looked back towards Frost, who was already looking back at me.

She nuzzled my side, looking into my eyes. "So, ready for our night out?" She asked, turning to look into the festival field. "What should we do first here? There looks like so much to do and see! Look at all of it!" While she was adoring the festival, I did my best to quickly slide the flowers out of my bag. "V-Volt? Uh, what're you doing?"

I turned back around to see her looking at me messing with the backpack, seeming curious. "What did you even bring? I don't think we're going to need anything here tonight." 

"Well, uh... there is one thing." I said, carefully pulling the crown out of the bag. "This is for you."

She stared at it for a moment in confusion, but quickly realized others around her were wearing one. "I-is this you asking me out on a date here?" She nervously questioned, eyes turning back to meet mine.

"...Maybe." She immediately stepped forward as I said that, brightly smiling.

I softly placed the crown on her head, making her giggle a bit. "Well, then... I'd love to be your date~" She quickly leaned forward and lightly kissed my cheek, then stepped back again.

"Well, then... shall we?" I asked, extending a paw to her.

"Absolutely." She took my paw, both of us stepping into the field. "This is all so pretty... I wonder how long they spent growing all of these. I never thought I'd see something like this exist..."

"Yeah, it's really pretty." I agreed though I'd be lying if I said the flowers were what was captivating me. No matter where we went I couldn't stop looking at her, she was just too beautiful for words. I knew that I had always thought that she was beautiful, but something about the atmosphere seemed to bring out some side of both of us that we hadn't felt before. I noticed her looking at me a lot more than usual as well, so I knew that the feeling was mutual tonight.