Volt - Chapter 54

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"D-dad..." I muttered, staring into his eyes. It... it was really him... "I-I..." He didn't say a word but instead ran without any more hesitation to hug me. I quickly hugged back, feeling the comfort of his fur that I hadn't felt in so, so long. This moment... for so, so long I had waited for this moment, always telling myself I was too afraid as an excuse. This was what I really needed, but I had never known how to prove it to myself.

"V-Volt... my son..." He softly spoke, his voice alone making me relax. His voice calmed me so easily, and the only time I could ever compare to being this happy was when I was with Frost. I quickly turned to look at her, seeing her giving me a warm smile in return. I could tell she was really happy for me, and that alone made me feel even better. I smiled back at her then turned back around to face him, still not completely sure how to react.

"I-I never thought I'd see you again..." I muttered, getting tears slowly dripping from my cheeks.

"I don't even know what's going on right now... but I never want it to end..." He replied, making me smile. I was finally seeing him... but I just didn't even know how to react. I was just happier than I had been in so, so long... I had so little memory, but I remembered everything about him. I just didn't know what to do... everything was moving so quickly...

I felt tears flowing from my eyes, and I was sure they were from his as well, but they were tears of pure joy. This moment felt truly magical, and I slowly found myself looking back into his eyes. "I-I don't know what to say..." I muttered while he shook his head in reply.

"I don't think there's much we can say... Just... enjoy it..." We stayed like this for a long time, and I had never felt better in my life. All of the stress and guilt of the accident just seemed to disappear, and in one moment, all the pain of my life was gone. I eventually took I step back from him, now just wanting to know what had happened. I wanted closure on my life, and this was my best chance.

"So, um... can I... know what happened?" I asked, giving him an awkward stare. It's probably not very polite to ask someone how they died, after all.

"I-it's a long story and not a happy one... Let's worry about that later." He stated, turning to look at Frost. "I'm sorry for my impoliteness. Who might you be?"

She giggled a bit at him saying that, shaking her head. "N-no, it's fine. I'm Frost. Volt's told me a lot about you. It's nice to meet you."

He returned with a kind smile, nodding his head. "Likewise," He turned back towards me, the gleam of sadness returning to his eyes. I knew why; we'd get to talk and catch up and see each other, but in the end, it wouldn't be for long. This was only temporary. "So, can you tell me some of what's been happening?"

I looked back at Frost, both of us nodding at him. I explained everything I could remember while Frost did the rest, all of us slowly trotting around the strange area together. I felt like I wasn't able to add much to the conversation, but having severe memory loss wasn't exactly helpful in the situation. "So, yeah... a lot has happened," Frost commented after a while of explaining while I nodded in response. 

"I... I can tell. That's... quite the story." He agreed, seeming lost. "To be truthful, I don't really even know how to respond. I guess I should say that I'm glad you all are still safe after all of that, though. It just sounds all way too complex for me to understand quickly."

"Yeah... thanks, though. I just wish you could come back with us to see everything..." I muttered, deeply sighing. "I don't want to go back..." I saw him give a sad nod in agreement, but he commented anyways.