Volt - Chapter 7

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I stepped out onto the deck of the boat. It was strange, but it felt like the Glaceon was near. I was on the ocean, though! I didn't know any surfing Glaceon, so were my instincts wrong? No, no way. I felt so strong that the Glaceon was nearby.

On second thought, why did I care so much for a Pokemon I didn't even know? It was so strange, but I felt connected to that Glaceon in some way. Why did this connection matter to me so much, though? It was only getting in the way of when I could be training, or fighting, or something like that, instead of worrying about this. All this really did seem like a waste of time.

I sighed and I looked over the edge of the boat, where I saw Lapras swimming by. Suddenly, I felt something. I looked on one of their backs, and there I saw them; the Glaceon lay unconscious just like before. I saw no sign of the Espeon, though. "Cinder, come out here!" I yelled.

He was at my side within seconds, and I pointed to the Glaceon. "Woah, you're not gonna-" Before he could even finish, I jumped into the ice-cold sea. It truly was freezing, but I had to save the Glaceon. I swam for around a minute before I finally reached it, and since it was still unconscious, I put it on my back. I swam as fast as I could, but I couldn't seem to catch up to the boat now. I went max speed, but still only gained a bit, and I quickly tired out. If I couldn't catch up, I was screwed.

Suddenly, Cinder was in the ocean throwing a life preserver at me, while he had one around him. I caught it and put it around myself, and I was then dragged along by the boat. Once Cinder got back on the boat, he pulled me up. I sat the Glaceon on the deck, and its eyes slowly opened.

"Uh, who are you all?!" She cried, jumping back. She nearly jumped back into the ocean, but I grabbed her paw just in time. "O-oh, thanks. Wait, why am I soaked? Was I in the ocean?"

"Yeah, and Mr. Hero wanted to save you!" Cinder said with a laugh.

"Huh? You saved me?" She said, turning to me.

"Oh, yeah, I guess I did, but you don't owe me or anything. It's no problem."

"Oh, well... thanks. I think I should be going now, though. Psi and Hydro will want to see me-" She stopped when she saw we were in the middle of the ocean. "O-oh, wait! How did I get here?! Did that stupid Necrozma send me here?!"

"Actually we got you and that Espeon out of there, but how'd you get there in the first place?" Cinder asked.

"What?! No, I can't believe you. I just lost some of my memory of something. You're all playing a prank on me. Stop being so childish!" She said, stomping off.

"So much for a good first impression." Ribbon said.

"Wait, I'll be back." I said, following after her.

"This... is a prank, right? No way someone could actually want to save me..." The Glaceon whispered.

"It's not a prank." I said.

"You were spying on me?! Creep!" She cried, slapping me.

"Ouch, I just wanted to talk..." I whimpered.

"Then start talking!" She demanded.

"I just wanted to let you know that we're sailing to Malkar, and that's where your family is, right?" I asked.

She suddenly seemed to sadden. "That... that's none of your business, creep..."

"Please just let me help. That's all I want to do."