|36|

Jin

I left the room as soon as her parents had walked in. I figured they would need some family time and privacy. Manager Hyung was standing outside, engrossed in a deep conversation that he did not notice me approach him. A few moments later he cut the call and turned towards me.

"I heard Irene-ssi's brother woke up. How is he?" He asks, leaning against the window sill.

"He says he is good. His family is here so I stepped out." I say, absentmindedly.

"Namjoon and Jungkook called you twice. I had to pick up Namjoon's call as he was constantly calling you. I told him where you are and what happened." Hyung said, handing me back my phone, "I think you should call them. They sounded worried."

I nod and take my phone and call Jungkook. He picked up after a few rings.

"Jin Hyung! I was trying to call you for so long!" Cried Jungkook. I rolled my eyes and smile.

"I was in the hospital room and my phone was with manager hyung, Jungkook." I say.

"Yeah I heard. Rapmon Hyung and Suga Hyung are very worried. Manager hyung told us what happened there. Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm alright but I am not sure what will happen now. Can you give the phone to Namjoon?" I say, letting out a deep breath. Jungkook quickly passes the phone and Namjoon's gruff voice is heard.

"Hyung, is everything alright there?" He asks quitely but the worry is evident in his tone.

"Yes. Everything is alright. Her brother woke up just a few minutes ago. Her parents are with him right now. I will just say goodbye and start for the airport." I inform him, "Namjoon-ah can you please ask Jimin to pack a bag for me? He does it best. I won't have time to come home to pack."

"Nae Hyung, Jimin is already doing that for you with Hobi." He says and I smile. " Also, hyung your mother just dropped by, she wanted to meet you and also bought some Kimchi for us."

"Oh Araso. I'll call her after this." I say, noting to do that," Did anything come out yet?"

"No Hyung. Suga Hyung, me and Taehyung are on our phones looking out for any articles. Nothing yet, Hyung." He assures me and my heart warms at the thought that when they boys should rest before the long flight ahead, they are still awake for me.

"Arraso. Don't worry too much, NamJoon-ah. Tell the kids too. If something does come up, we will deal with it at that time. The comeback is coming closer, we need to keep out stress level down." I say before another thought struck me,"Is Jimin alright? Did he eat today?"

Ever since the comeback date was announced, Jimin had taken up a rigorous diet routine. Some nonsense about becoming a better version of himself. He had lost a good amount of weight and his adorable cheeks were gone, replaced with a sharp jawline and sharp features. No matter how much we had tried to talk him to go easy on himself, he would not listen. It really became a big concern when he had fainted after one tough practice due to lack of energy and strength. 

"He's better. Taehyung made him eat his lunch forcefully. He did not eat everything but atleast he ate something." He said and I nodded. Something better than nothing.

"That's better." I say before checking my watch, " It's time, I've got to talk to JooHyun before I leave. I'll meet you at the airport. Make sure everyone is safely there, okay?"

"Nae Hyung" I hear a chorus answer before the call is cut. Maybe he kept it on speaker.

I look at my manager who is standing next to me, looking at me in a strange manner.

"What happened, Hyung?" I ask, tucking my phone in my pocket.

"Nothing. The thing is that I have worked for so many idols but no one talks to their member like you do." He says, a wonder in his tone before I spot JooHyun exit the room, "You talk to them as if they are your brothers, your family. Not as if the are your band mates."

I grin at him and wink at him. "What are you talking about, Hyung? It's all business," I say before pushing myself away from the window sill and making my way towards JooHyun.

*****

"Hey" I say as I approach her.

She smiles at me as she steers me towards the water dispensers at the end of the hall.

"Good but really irritated." She says but the smile says otherwise. If I am not wrong, the Bae siblings made-up inside.

"My parents are smothering him with love and affection." She adds, chuckling, "I couldn't bare it so I came out."

Seeing her look so calm and happy felt like a boulder lifted off my chest. There was no stress of the past days reflecting on her face and that's exactly I wished for her. She should always be happy.

"They are your parents. They are bound to do that," I say.

She nods and passes me a cup of water and fills one for herself.

"My manager is here. He heard about what happened with that reporter and is pissed that I did not tell him immediately." She says, leaning against the wall. "He says I  have to leave for home soon."

As soon as she says that, a huge smile takes over my face. Thank god I am not leaving her behind.

She laughs at my expression and lifts her hand to pinch my cheek. "I guess you were going to tell me that you have to leave soon , yes?"

I hold her retreating hand and pull her close, wrapping my arms around her lower back as hers wound around my neck.

"Yes." I say, "We have a flight to catch tonight. It wasn't pre-planned. An immediate schedule."

I feel her fingers play with the hair at the back of my head as she tilts her head, her eyes shining in confusion.

"But you just came back."

"I did. Apparently we have another schedule for tomorrow. I think we will be back in three days, I am not sure." I say. She nods and looks down at our feet.

"If you are holding my daughter like that you must either be a very close friend or her boyfriend, young man." 

We both jump away at the voice and look behind towards the source. There stands the two people I actually was not ready to meet just yet. Her parents.

-----

Have a good day everyone!
Hwaiting!