|9|

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜

Irene

I had called my manager to assure her that I am okay and will go back to the dorms alone. She had informed me that the moment we had left the cafe, all the media and the fans dispersed in a minute. She thought that maybe they are following us but for the past twenty minutes we were taking shortcuts so that even those who did follow us were already left behind.

Conversations with Jin happened were comfortable and funny. I got to know his knack for old man jokes and love for the color pink. Talking to him felt as if we are friends from a long time when in fact it is the second time we are meeting.

By the time we were nearing our destination, the night had fallen. When he drove past his company building, I thought we were going inside but we did not. He parked the car in a deserted ally and ran over to my side to open the door. He took our bags and locked the car while I looked around the place.

I could still see the BigHit building but only it's backside. In front of me stood a short wooden door with a plaque hanging on it that read 'Aejeong Cafe'. [Literal translation: Affection cafe]

It was clearly a old cafe and wasn't really well maintained but if the aroma coming from inside was anything to judge from, this place must serve the best drinks ever. I had learned long ago that the more old a establishment looks, the better the food is.

Jin stood next to me and stared at the plaque that was nearly covered with vines. It must be his first time too here because there was a slight hesitance in his posture a if he was not sure whether we can go in our not.

"Jin-ssi, do you know this place?" I asked him curiously. He looked as if i broke his trail of thoughts but still answered my questions.

"I have not been here before but the trainees treat this place as their second home." He says, "This cafe was here even before we joined the company but none of my members came to know about it's existence until one of our new trainees told us. They say this place serves the best hot chocolate and Iced Americano. "

He pauses for a second before saying, "If you don't like this place then we can go somewhere else." 

"No let's try this out. I trust the trainee's taste better than any food critique. No matter where they come from they always end up finding delicious food." I say, smiling up at him.

He nods and chuckles, "Yes I agree. Let's go in then." 

I pushed open the small wooden door and walked inside to see a small garden to our right and straight up ahead was a glass door that led us into the cafe. The interiors of the cafe was minimal but it gave off a very welcoming aura. There was wooden flooring with a soft pink color and brown color on alternate wall. A few frames on the brown walls while the one pink wall held a huge collection of Polaroid pictures. The tables were arranged without any order but it definitely contributed to the ambiance. The huge counter stood on the other side of the room made of dark wood. There was literally no one in the cafe. Then again it was really late in the night.

Overall the cafe gave such calming vibes that all my recent stress vanished. A smile automatically appeared on my face the moment I realized that this place is now in my favorite places list.

Maybe because I was so busy swooning on the ambiance of the cafe that I literally jumped in shock when I heard a voice behind from my left.

A young girl probably in her late teens stood there wearing a cute apron. Her Jet black hair was tied in a bun and her apron had a few stains of flour.

"Welcome to Aejeong cafe. Please have a seat." She said smiling at us.

Only then did I realize that we both were not wearing any masks. What if she recognised us and told someone about it? I looked up at Jin-ssi who probably had the same thoughts running in his mind. He removed his cap and put it on me while slightly covering his face and leading me to the nearest table.

The girl noticed his behavior and giggled. "I guess you both are celebrities. Please make yourself comfortable. No one will recognize you here, even me." She smiled at us and placed the menu and went away.

We both stared at each other surprised before we started laughing. That girl must not watch TV much.

She came back after a while and introduced herself as Song Areum as took our orders.

"Now I know why the trainees like to come here." He says smiling.

We fall into a comfortable silence for a while before I decide to break it. I straighten my spine and look at him.

"Jin-ssi. I would like to thank you for helping me that day." I start nervously, catching his full attention, "I was sick for a few days but I decided to go for the music show shoot because I din't want to come off as a slacker. Maybe I overestimated myself  and exhaustion knocked me up.

"I am also sorry for dragging you into this mess. Trust me, I tried to get the company tell the truth during that meeting but they did not really think my suggestion was right."

He stared at me for a few seconds before releasing a deep sigh.

"To be honest, Irene-ssi, I am glad I could be of help that night but I will not lie by saying I was okay with how the current situation has come around too. I had promised my members that I would not be the cause of any trouble and that is exactly what happened." He said with a frown on his face.

Guilt swarmed in me. I had put him in a uncomfortable position. I was about to apologize again when he cut me off.

"However now that we are already in this position its better to not make a big deal out of it and lets get it done with. It's just four months anyway. Don't you agree?" He said.

He was right. Our relation was solely made on that contract and its just for four months. But why did I feel a pang in my heart when he said that? Why is that the possibility of us not being in contact soon trouble me so much? I mean I just met him today and we din't even get time to officially introduce ourselves. But he was right. 

"Yes I agree..." I said trailing off, not able to get myself to say anything more.

"So now that the serious stuff is over, can I ask you a question?" He asked, putting his elbows on the table.

I nodded at him.

"Can we be friends?" He asked with a huge grin on his face. Caught off guard at the sudden change in the mood, I laughed.

"Yes! Sure we can be friends!" I say, shaking his outstretched hand.

"Great that means now I get a free autographs because three of my members asked me to not return to the dorm without one for each" 

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜ 

Thank you for reading!