|20|

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜

Jin

My hands gripped the steering wheel tight when I noticed how visibly cold JooHyunie felt. I had literally rushed her out of the building without letting her take her coat.

It is still winter and the temperature had suddenly dropped more than predicted as the sun started setting.

By the time I had noticed my blunder, we were already too far from the building. So I had given her my padding jacket and a coat to wrap herself in. The heater in the car is in full blast but she is still shivering like a leaf.

Guilt gripped my heart as I realised this is all my fault, no matter how many times she assured me that she is fine.

You are such an idiot, Jin.

I had initially planned to take her to eat at a special place but had to take a detour to make sure she doesn't fall sick.

I parked the car in front of a small shop that sold winter wear and turned towards her.

She had curled up in the seat long ago with the padding jacket nearly engulfing her, eyes and nose being the only thing visible.

"JooHyun-ah. Stay here okay? I'll get something for you" I say, before getting out if the car fast, ignoring the mumbled shouts of disagreement. I pull up my coat lapels and quickly put on a cap and mask.

I enter the small shop and a bell attached to the door chimes. A girl, no more than fifteen, stands up from behind the counter and rushes forward to greet me. I greet her back silently and gesture her that I can take care of myself when she offers to help.

I can't be recognized here.

The kids with big curious eyes cautiously nod and she goes back to her seat behind the counter.

I walk to aisle where jackets and coats are there when I am faced with an important question.

What is her size?

The shop is deserted so there is no chance I can estimate a size so I pick one coat out from the rack and examine it, trying to visualize if it would fit her.

The little girl must have understood my pathetic attempts for she shook her head and approached me.

"Ahjussi. Do you need any help?" She asked politely.

"Nae. Actually I need  something warm for someone but I don't know the correct size." I say, scratching my head.

"It's a girl, right?" She asks.

"Uh-wha-how did you know?" I asks, flustered.

"Well, you standing in the womens section of coats while the men's is on the side. Which clearly means you are purchasing for a girl." She says, shrugging. Right, Ofcourse. "Now is she similar to anyone? Any celebrity?"

Warning bells ring in my head when her name is almost slips out of my mouth. I know that mostly all female idols have similar physique but Irene was on a shorter side. Its not like I know much about women clothing anyways.

My lack of answer seems to amuse her as she snaps, "Is she like Twice DaHyun unnie? Or like 2NE1 Dara Unnie or like Red Velvet Irene unnie? Or like someone else."

Her tone is filled with sarcasm but I can't help but supress my smile when I hear the kid say her name. This just became more easy.

"Uhh...like Red Velvet Irene, I think" I say, adding a questioning tone at the end.

She scoffs and turns towards the racks. "Your girlfriend must be one lucky women to have you call her similar to Irene Unnie. Just so you know, no one in this country can ever be like Irene unnie."

I raise my eyebrows at the girl, amused while she looks for jackets and scarfs as I asked her to.

Girlfriend....huh.

She removed a pink jacket and white pattern scarf that looked warm enough to me. Since I had no taste in women fashion, I let the girl choose whatever she liked.

"How is this? This combination is good and the coat is really warm." She asks, expectantly.

"Will do. You choose well." I say, smiling. "I would also like some hotpacks if you have it."

A smile took over her face as she lead me towards the counter. She rang in the clothes and packed them up for me while I paid for them.

Standing in front of the counter, I spot a small poster frame put up right next to the counter. It has posters of all the famous girl groups but what stands out are the stars attached around JooHyun's single photo that took up  majority of the frame.

I smile and dicreetly take a picture. My girl in the car will be really happy to see this.

She handed me the bag and bowed. "Thank you for shopping here. I may never get the chance to dress my role model, Irene Unnie but since you say that your girlfriend is like her, this works too I guess.." She says, a big smile on my face.

My heart melts looking at the girl. If only she knew that her role model will be wearing her choice in a matter of seconds and that she is literally sitting in the car outside.

"Then how about this? Think of this as an present to your Irene Unnie and write your name on it. Makes it more real, doesn't it?" I ask her.

She looks at me as if I have grown two more heads but then shrugs and writes down her name on the bag before handing it to me.

"Thank you, DaEun-ah. I hope you get to meet your idol one day." I wink at her before running back towards the car.

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇