|7|

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜

Irene

We had just finished recording our next title song in the studio when Manger Unnie said that I have a personal schedule to attend to.

Our seniors always told us that the more we focus on remembering the schedule and stressing over it, the more we will be distracted from our main job. Being a singer.

Since it was a weekend and Joy had to go film We got Married, the other three went back to the dorms while Joy and I changed in the artist rest room itself. There was literally no point going back to dorm to just change clothes when they were delivered here.

After sending off Joy, I went to the café right next to SM building which sold one of my favourite drink. Since I had time to kill before my next- yet unknown- schedule, I picked up a book from the mini-library in the cafe and found a cozy seat near the back.

After a while, Manager Unnie took a seat in front of me while panting hard. She must have run from the car till here. She placed a envelope on the table in front of me and wordlessly gestured to open it.

I closed my book and took the envelope with hardly any interest. It must be a script for yet another variety show.

I removed the paper and scanned them before freezing when my eyes landed on that name. It was not unfamiliar to me but then again it was unexpected.

It read 'Profile Report: Kim Seok Jin'.

I snapped my head to my manager and asked her, "Why am I given a profile on him, Unnie?"

"So that you can get to know about him better. You know because-" She cut herself off, her eyes gesturing to the cafe. Oh she meant the fake relationship we are in.

I nodded at her and looked down at the papers in my hand. Do I really need to read this? I knew enough about him as it is. Who din't?

For the past weeks the only thing in my mind apart from my work was that letter I had handed over to Mr.Seo. I know it must have reached him already but his lack of response was kind of intimidating. At the very end of the letter I had left him my contact number and a question.

Him not responding clearly meant that he was mad at me for making him getting stuck in this mess or thought the letter was insignificant and ignored it.

No matter how disappointing it is, I wish it was the second scene. Atleast that ruled out the probability that he found my letter offensive.

"It's been weeks since the article release and we thought it was the perfect time for you two to meet now that his schedule has cleared up a bit and so has yours."

I break out of my chain of thoughts and sit up straight in my chair, shocked.

"What?!" I nearly shout ,standing up. "I am to meet him today? Are you serious?!"

She looked surprised at my outburst. Since she was quite new she must have believed that I am an unemotional queen.

"Yes... Actually they might on the way now", She says, biting her lips nervously.

"But-but...there is crowd outside! Won't we both be spotted together immediately?" I say, panicking.

"It's okay if you do. The article is out already. Most people now expect to see you two together."

Of course. I had read the article but couldn't dare to scroll down to the comments, scared that I will see harsh criticism towards me. But that was not the problem here!

I don't know if he was informed of this plan but I was not and I am freaking out! How in the world am I supposed to act normal around him?

"But unnie, I am not even in proper clothing!"

"JooHyun-ah. You look beautiful. Sit down and relax. They might be here in the next fifteen minutes. Calm yourself down and read through that if you want." She said calmly.

My body reacted on it own and sat down dejectedly but my mind was anxious. Who gives a fifteen minutes heads up before we start our acting? 

I put the papers back in the envelop and throw it into my bag. Then I close my eyes and take deep breathes to calm my fast-beating heart and my uneasy mind.

I hear his arrival before seeing him. The fans along with some press outside start shouting the moment he gets down his car. The sound slightly muffled by the mirrors of the cafe but still prominent. 

I nervously wring my hands together and peek from behind the curtain and my eyes widen at the crowd gathered outside. When did so many people gather here? How did they come to know? 

Jin and his Manager struggle to make it inside the cafe as they were clearly caught off guard too. They both finally enter the cafe and make their way directly towards us. I look to my left to see Manager unnie already standing ready to greet them.

Jin seemed a little ruffled and short on breathe but still he looked as good as always.

In a matter of seconds he picks up my bag from the ground and takes hold of my wrist, pulling me up to stand next to him. With a serious look on his face, he takes his bag from his manager and turns to me.

"We need to get out of here. There is too much crowd out there and it is not safe." He said before turning to his manger who gave him the car keys.

Too confused and shocked at what was happening, I blankly nodded and bid my manager goodbye before allowing him to pull me towards the kitchen door of the cafe. 

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜

Finally.