|5|

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜

Irene

After that almost everything went downhill. Big Hit representatives called a break while they speak to their CEO while SM team did the same. I was asked to sit outside the room till a decision was made so here I am, sitting on the sofa in the waiting room, clutching my phone tightly in my hands to suppress the urge to see the article.

I groan and hide my face in my hands.

This is all my fault. Had I been a bit more responsible that night, such a big problem would not have risen. Why did I faint in the elevator? Why did I just not accept to not go for the shoot that day? Why does everything turn out so bad for me? 

I feel tears running down my cheek. Just imagining the amount of damage this article will do to my team makes me feel like throwing up. I will not let my group suffer for one irresponsible mistake by me. We are still rookies and its not even been two years since we debuted. 

We had promised each other that we will never participate in anything controversial because one article can make people loose interest in a group and that is what a artists biggest fear.

Since this is entirely my fault, I will do anything to make sure that my members do not get hurt.

~~••~~

Jin

"Are you serious? You actually want me to follow whatever the company asks me to? I don't remember any such thing written in my contract." I said banging my hand on the table, glaring at the man in front of me.

"Jin-ssi it has been specified in your contract that no matter what decision is taken for upholding the brand image of Bangtan, each member has to oblige." Mr. Seo replied.

"So now what? Because they can't reveal the fact that they don't take care of the artists well and cannot state the truth , I have to act as if we are in a relationship?" I say, furiously.

I can't believe it!

Why do I have to suffer for something that was not my mistake?

Aish! Had I not helped that girl, I wouldn't have been in such a big problem here.

"Telling the press only the truth will cause more harm to you then her. They will come up with all sorts of theories that will not be in your favour. They could even call you a molester, Jin-ah. Combining this deal with the truth will change the whole direction of the scandal. We'll feed them exactly what they want to hear." He said before taking pause and continuing, "You have to do it, Jin-ah. Bang PD-nim also agreed to this. Saying it will give a distinct image to the group." He said.

I have known Mr.Seo since a long time. He was there when our group first formed and I can tell he doesn't like the idea too much too. His habbit of tugging his tie and fidgeting with his watch were always tell-tale signs that he doesn't like an idea or decision.

He knows all seven of us very well and always tries his best for us. He must have a reason to say yes to this deal. He doesn't agree to just anything without any back-up plan.

"There is a catch to this deal, isn't it hyung?" I ask, calming down.

He releases a deep sigh and drops his head on the table. After a few seconds he lifts his head up and gives me a nervous smile.

"Yes, there is a catch. It has been agreed between the two companies that you and Irene-ssi will be in a fake relationship for a total of four months after which all contacts between you two will be broken. In these four months, if any member of Red Velvet gets involved in any scandal or with anyone controversial, the deal will immediately end because that incident can cause trouble to you too." He said.

"I don't get it. How is this any beneficial for us?" I ask, confused.

"Red Velvet Joy is currently filming We got Married right now and having another member being in a relation will stir up quite a fuss among fans, especially if its you. But when she ends shooting soon, there will be a lot of  controversial articles around her which can lead to us cancelling the deal." He said, looking quite unsure of himself. 

I was aware of the show that paired up celebs in a fake marriage and make them do missions together. Jimin and Taehyung enjoyed watching it a lot for reasons unknown to us. They did want to go on that show but were immediately denied. They sulked for an entire month much to the charging of Jungkook.

"But will it really work, hyung?" I ask, doubtfully.

"Even if it does't work out then it's just four months Jin-ah. It's not even possible for you two to meet often anyway. You still have your promotions left and then you leave for your concert schedule. She has her comeback next month and she will have a tight schedule too." He explains. "In the entire four months you both will probably be able to meet a couple of times so don't worry, okay? Everything will be alright."

I groan and lean back in my chair. 

That's not what I am worried about. I know this is exactly the reason idols don't prefer to date. They hardly have time for themselves in their crazy schedule.

What- or who I am worried about is the boys. Yoongi will definitely be furious, Namjoon and Hobi will have a hard time accepting the problem while the three maknae's will hopefully be ignorant and just support me.

"Don't worry, Jin-ah. I met her today and despite having such a strong team that will force anyone to do as she wishes, she steadily accepted all my conditions. She was really apologetic for all the problems she is causing you," He said before turning to his bag and fetching a letter and setting it on the table in front of me. 

"She sent this for you." 

Hyung soon left the room but I sat there in the meeting room alone staring at the brown manila envelop. 

______*_______*______

Do you guys remember the bbyu couple?

 Though I did not like the show in general because of it's concept, I absolutely loved this couple.

Please let me know what you think of this chapter! Also, please don't forget to leave a vote if you like the story so far. Thank you!

 Thank you!