|4|

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜

Irene

"Unnie, will you be okay?" Wendy asks me with tears gathering in her eyes.

We are going to SM in the car. Two hours ago, our manager received a call from the staff for an emergency meeting. We all had a hunch about what it was.

"It's okay. I will be fine.", I say turning to her and grabbing her hand, "Don't worry about it and ask the girls to eat and sleep on time incase I don't come home early. Okay?"

One tear escapes her eyes and falls on her cheek as she nods. "Okay Unnie."

"Unnie. Please take her back to the dorm okay? Don't let her stay here at all" I tell manager Unnie, ignoring Wendy's whines. Unnie nods.

That incident had happened nearly a week ago. When I had regained consciousness I could not remember anything but when Manger Oppa explained what had happened, I was speechless. I could remember when I had stepped into the elevator but after that everything drew blank.

My scheduled for the past one week was cleared after the doctor suggested that I should be primarily resting for a while. Our Comeback was pushed ahead and I was given a free pass from dance practice for a week.

The first thing I did on getting well was ask the company to send a thank you gift to him but they downright denied. They said it will only cause more questions if this activity is somehow released.

Since debut this is the first time I were called in to the meeting room. The first time I walked into that room was when I was informed that I would be the first person to recruited as a Red Velvet member. That was the first and the last, until now.

I stood in front of the door and bit my lip. Gathering all courage I could I knocked thrice and slowly opened the door. I was asked to come in and I was surprised to find so many people in the room. Not only was all my mangers here but also our company CEO, the Artist PR (Public Relations) Head Mrs. Hwang and four other unknown people.

"Ah yes. Irene-ssi. Please have a seat." Mrs. Hwang requests after all greetings are done.

I take a seat timidly and see the four unknown men smiling at me.

"Irene you don't have to look so worried. You are not here to be deciplined." Says a man with round glasses and short black hair, with a smile on his face.

Before I could respond, Mrs. Hwang spoke up.

"Miss. Irene these four gentleman are Representatives of Big Hit entertainment." She says.

My eyes widen and look at them in alarm. Big Hit Entertainment. Isn't that Bangtan Sonyeondan's company?
Oh shit.

"Annyeonghaseo" I say, my voice dropping a few octaves.

"Irene-ssi, you don't have to look so worried now. Maybe after I reveal what has come to our office. My name is Seo Jin Young, I am the Artist PR head of BigHit Entertainment and in the light of the current events a few problems have arise. We are here to discuss our strategy of how to get around this problem.

"Okay so let's not beat around the bush. Last night we received an untraceable letter containing the pictures taken on the night when our artist Jin helped you." She further explained, "It could be a threat or someone helping us because there was no note or letter with it. Just the photos. In case these photos do end up being sold to the media, we have to make a quick decision that can save both our artists."

A copy of the photos are passed around and anyone looking at it will definitely be able to identify us. I was still in the outfit from the broadcast and Jin-ssi mask barely covered his face. He tried covering us behind a pillar but that seemed pretty useless considering he was carrying me.

I stared at the picture. I couldn't take my eyes of it. There I was comfortably nestled in the arms or a man who was basically a stranger to me. How was so I comfortable in his presence?

It must be because I was unconscious and I must have thought manager Oppa is carrying me. Yeah, that's logical. That must have happened.

"I apologise to ask this now but why is your artist not present here? We called in our artist at your request expecting it has to do something with both of them," Mrs. Hwang asked.

"Mr. Kim Seokjin at the moment is rehearsing for the concert tomorrow. He cannot make it, therefore we are recording the meeting so that he is informed of the same when he is free. We will be sending you a copy of the audio too." Mr. Seo replied.

"Okay. Thank you." Mrs. Hwang said.
"So what plans have you come up with."

"Firstly, if the article does come out the we have two options, either tell the truth about how Mr. Kim Seokjin helped Irene-ssi because she fainted. This statement has to be made by SM and then we will confirm it. If things escalate further then we will have to take extreme measures to solve it which might include both the artists."

Secondly, since it is not the case of just being cited together but having physical contact, both the artists have to act close to each other. It can start with her thanking him. This is because if the article comes out then this interaction prior to the article will make it more believable." Mr.Seo said.

Okay. That's possible. I anyways do have to thank him.

"Okay this is reasonable enough. But what if rumors of them dating break out?"

"In that case we simply deny them. There is not much we can do."

This conversation continued for a while when suddenly one of my manager cleared his throat. 

Everyone present in the room looked at him in shock while he said, "The article is already out."

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~