Author's Note 2020

Uh. . . long time, no talk!

For the past two years, I checked on this account here and there to see what's been going on. I had thoughts like,  "Do people still use this thing?" "Am I even relevant?" and surprisingly enough Zeus kept on receiving reads and. . . votes? That's what it's called, right? LOL! I only checked because my college best friends (yeah, that's right! I'm in college!) asked about my account after I told them I wrote on Wattpad. 

After reading comments, I never felt the urge to offer an update. Until now. I don't mean a chapter update. I mean a life update because it has been over two YEARS! Wow, rereading that sentence makes me feel like shit. 

I'm going to be very transparent because I believe y'all deserve it. Who knows? Maybe no one will read this! Just take the information with a grain of salt. I've learned a lot of lessons and have grown a lot as a woman.

2017 (after the last chapter):

         I transferred to a public high school for my senior year and was extremely nervous about fitting in. While writing Zeus, I worked at a fast food restaurant and made friends with people my age, so I knew a couple of students at my new high school. That being said, I fell hard for this guy. Looking back, it wasn't that serious, but in the moment, everything mattered. The circumstances were complicated, but I liked this guy a lot, even though he had a girlfriend. He cheated on his girlfriend with me, I begged him to choose me, he didn't, and I thought I would never like a guy again. Dramatic, I know! We said our goodbyes because he left for Navy training. He's now a happy, married man.

         I applied to my dream college as a nursing major and got in! I worried constantly about financial aid, loans, and grants, but things worked out. 

2018:

         High school graduation was bitter sweet, and my high school English teacher really influenced my outlook on education. I changed my major to Elementary Education. I sucked at math and science, and those were the majority of nursing classes.

         At my first college party, I met this guy, and we talked for a couple months. Our relationship became pretty. . . physical, and I was definitely emotionally attached to him. Until I found out he kept going back and forth with his high school girlfriend. I have the worst fucking luck! God damn! Anyway, like the dumb ass I am, we had sex and it wasn't that bad. Not like the books, but you live and learn, right?

         I didn't get along with my college roommate at all, so I got close with these two girls two doors down. They're my literal best friends, and they're going to be in my wedding party. College friends are just different, and it's hard to explain until you've experienced it.

2019:

          My first year of college flew by, and my spring semester grades were a lot better than my fall grades. Here's a tip: don't be afraid to ask for help! Doesn't matter if it's from a friend, professor, tutor, or anyone. Giving your all in everything you do can make your future easier. This is especially true if you're passionate about what you're doing.

         During my spring break, I changed my major (again) to English with a minor in Secondary Education. That's right! I want to teach high school English. Who knows. . . maybe by the time I graduate and when you're reading this, I might be your English teacher!

         Back to guy. Towards the end of my freshmen year, I decided to completely stop talking to him because he didn't make me happy. Another lesson: never, ever allow yourself to be second choice! You deserve to be first, at all times.

         Summer was fantastic. I worked a lot. Saved a lot of money. And made great memories with my family. Being in college made me more appreciative of the time I spent with my family. I also volunteered for an orientation position on my college campus. That experience was amazing, and I challenge y'all to try something out of your comfort zone. Because that leadership position was amazing, I applied for a higher orientation job that I would be paid for. I got the job, and I have learned so much about how to help freshmen transition into college!

2020:

        Now, we're here! 2020

        Although it might not seem like the case, I do think about the plot for Zeus. I sometimes find myself daydreaming about Zeus and Aurora in my English classes, or I try to remember where I placed my writing journal, which kept track of all the characters and plot twists. I am sorry I left y'all on a cliffhanger. It wasn't intentional. More like I was hit with a two year writer's block.

       That being said, I'm not entirely sure if I'll update Zeus again. I do know how I want the book to end, but I don't know about all the middle pieces. My writing has changed, and I definitely know that some things in this book are probably so cheesy. I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. I am going home for spring break, so maybe I'll raid my old bedroom for my notebook and try to push out a chapter for y'all. 

       Wow. It's so crazy writing this. I can't believe it. I feel like a seventeen year old again. LOL

Well, I'm signing off because I have class tomorrow morning.

If you want, follow me on Goodreads at bookwormriss

or my bookstagram account at bookwormriss

P.S.) I'm sorry if there are grammar mistakes. I didn't really read over it before posting :/