Dodgeballin' [13]

Start from the beginning

Y/N: I'm glad you did, actually.

You cleared your throat, ignoring what you had thought.

Y/N: "It's no big deal, really. I was just about done myself."

Tetsuya: "Ah, alright."

The two of you walked to class, where you both took your seats as the teacher walked inside.

Teacher: "Alright, settle down."

The students stopped talking a bit and payed attention to what the teacher had to say.

Teacher: "You will all be having P.E. today." People started groaning, while another student raised his hand.

???: "I thought the P.E. teacher got fired!"

Teacher: "He did, but they managed to find another one." The students groaned louder, as you chuckled weakly.

Y/N: That's right, I have to find a gym to workout at...

[TimeskipTM brought to you by Chibi Nero and Chibi Jack stalking Chibi Y/N while he's in class!]

PE Teacher: "Alright! We're playing dodgeball today, ladies!" Everyone was lined up like they were in a boot camp as their teacher walked back and forth. You and Tetsuya stood at the end of the line, feeling uneasy.

???: "Dodgeball? Seriously? That's a game for kids!" The teacher pointed off towards the school.

PE Teacher: "Laps!"

The kid sighed, before running off.

PE Teacher: "Any more questions?"

It was quiet.

PE Teacher: "Good! The rule's we're playing with are:

-If you catch a ball, no penalty!

-If you hit someone, they're out!

-If you get hit in the face, you're out!"

Everyone seemed a bit annoyed with the rules, but no one said anything.

The teacher chose the teams before starting the game.

Tetsuya: "So... It looks like we're on opposite sides this time, new kid."

You looked at Tetsuya, who was on the other side of the white line. You looked at his team, and then compared them to your team.

His team was filled with all the jocks.

Yours was filled with the scrawny kids.

Y/N: "We're going to get decimated..." Tetsuya chuckled.

Tetsuya: "If anything, I'm sure you'll something outta your hat." He walked off as the coach started yelling about how the game was starting. You exhaled and did the same, heading for your side.

The game didn't go very well. Almost instantly, your team was annihilated, leaving you by yourself.

Jock1: "Let's just wrap this up already."

Jock2: "Here, give me the ball, I'll finish him!" They tossed the foam ball to the eager jock, who grinned as he pulled his arm back.

You just stood there, unamused, as he threw the it with all his might. The ball connected with your chest, making the other team start cheering.

PE Teacher: "Safe!" The jock looked back, confused.

Jock2: "What? But I hit..." He looked back at you, to see you had caught it.