Chapter 40: Cartel

truethompson back like I never left

Emilia POV

"Thanks for watching her." Kylie says smiling at me. "No problem, see you later." I say getting back into my car. I just dropped Stormi back home. I start the car and I drive back onto the road. As I'm driving, I notice the same car has been behind me for a while now. I switch lanes to see what happens and seconds later, that car is behind me again.

I look in my rearview mirror to see if I can see the driver and I do. Jeremy? I sigh heavily and I pull over expecting him to pull over too. He does and I get out of my car door and I walk over to his car tapping on the window. He gets out and I speak.

"First, you kidnap Stormi, and now you're following me. What do you want Jeremy?"

"You." He says blankly. I laugh a little leaning on the hood of his car, "We both know you'll never have me again, so stop saying it."

"I don't mean you like that, I just want to know why the hell do you keep going back to Stormi, she has a boyfriend for God's sake." He says.

I push myself up from the hood of his car walking over to him "I'm not going back to her and you don't need to worry about me, just stay out of my life." I say coldly.

"You might still be thinking about all the shitty things I did when we were together and you hate me for it, but I still care about you." He says looking at me sympathetically.

"I was angry with you, there's still some things I'm angry with you about, but I could never hate you." I say cupping his face. He sighs and he suddenly closes his eyes and leans into me. I remove my hand clearing my throat, "You should go Jeremy." His eyes sprint open and he opens his car door and I watch as his wallet falls out his back pocket.

"Wait Je-" By the time I can finish my sentence, he's gone and away. I look at the wallet to see a small piece of paper sticking out. It reads Cartel.

Cartel? Usually almost all the time, drug is next to the word cartel. I open the wallet to see the full paper. Drug Cartel password: 0967548

What the hell is Jeremy doing involved in a drug cartel. I guarantee you Mom doesn't know about, I can't have her find this. I need to find out what this is, if Mom finds this, she'll have him killed.

I speed drive to the house and I see one of Mom's cars isn't here meaning she isn't here. I walk into the house and I run upstairs into my room. I grab my laptop and plop on my bed. Think Emilia, think. I sign into my account on the huge website Mom had set up. I enter the code and nothing pops up.

So it's confirmed Mom doesn't know about this. This time I search up Jeremy Andrews and still nothing pops up.

I groan in frustration and I analyze this piece of paper and I flip it to the back. I see more writing

Enter password in crtlva.com ~Dad.

I type in the website and one link pops up. I press it and it says enter password. I put the numbers in and something comes up. Thank you.

I press fillers. After a few minutes of scrolling, my eyes widen, this is a drug distribution lists. Mom doesn't even let these kind of drugs into the country with her name on it. I hear the familiar loud engine and I look out the window to see Mom's here.

I close my laptop and shove the paper in my back pocket. I walk out of my room and I close the bedroom door and walk downstairs.

Little did I know, when I close my bedroom door, the paper fell in front of my room door.

Billie POV

"Ems?" I call out Emilia name but I get no response. I sigh and I decide I should go to her room.

I walk to the room and something on the ground catches my eye. I pick it and I see it's a password to a drug cartel. I raise an eyebrow and I open the room door looking around for Emilia. I want to know what the hell this is.

I don't see Emilia but I see her laptop on the bed. I have no choice but to look through it. I open it and I see something's already up. After a little while of snooping, I call Ariana, "What's up?" She says. "Order a kill on Jeremy Andrews." I say.

"Jeremy Andrews, I recognize that name. Wait, isn't that the guy that Emilia was with?" Ari asks. "Yes, I needed a reason to kill him after what he did to Emilia, and now I have one. I want him dead in two weeks." I say hanging up.

···

Emilia POV

Fuck! Where's the paper?! I was flipping my pockets inside out. "Is there something wrong?" Jayden asks. "No! Get out." I yell at him and he throws in hands in the air in defense as he walks out of the training room. I look on the ground.

Maybe I dropped it.

No one can find that. I can't have Jeremy being killed. I may still be angry with him, but he still has a special place in my heart, and I don't want him dead. My phone buzzes and It says

"New Alert: Emilia Gambino has been assigned to kill Jeremy Andrews."

"What!?" I scream to myself. How? This was the one thing I was trying to prevent. I rush out of the training room into Mom's office to see her sitting there staring at her computer. "Are you serious? You want Jeremy dead, and most importantly, you want it done by me? Why!?" I start to ramble.

"Let's not talk about that right now." Mom starts getting out of her seat. "You knew about an illegal drug cartel and did not tell me." She continues walking towards me. I gulp as I move back. "It's not what you think, I seen him today and he dropped his wallet and I saw it in there." I say as she's waving the missing paper in my face.

"It's okay, you know why? Because you're gonna kill him." Mom says. "What? No one's gonna kill him." I say. "Oh, someone is. And it's you."

"Mom, do you know what you're asking me to do?"

"Yea, I'm not that dumb. Kill him, you have two weeks."

"No! I can't. He may have hurt me, but I still care for him!" I yell. Mom sighs before looking at me. "Emilia? Remember when I first told you about gangs?" Mom refreshes my memory.

"You said, that there will be a time where I'm going to have to do something I will totally disagree with, but I'll have to do it im order to protect the people I love." I nod after saying that.

"So stop letting your feelings for him convince you that he's in the right." She says.

"But I can't kill him."  I say. "You can and you will." Mom says coldly.

"And if I don't?" I cross my arms over my chest.

"You will no longer have your position in the Gambino Mafia."