Chapter 24: E. Day

Emilia POV

I wake up shutting off my alarm. I look at today's date, it's E. Day. I sigh running my fingers through my hair. E. Day stands for Emilia Day. Today is the 16th anniversary of the day I was adopted.

16 years ago, Mom found me in a car seat by her car. All the 16th E. Days have been amazing, but I don't want to celebrate E. Day this year. I just can't help but feel that although everyone is celebrating the day I was brought into these people lives, I feel like I'm celebrating the day  where some girl just ditched me by someone's car not caring about me.

I go downstairs on the first floor to see Mom is talking on the phone, I wait patiently for her and once she hangs up. She turns around hugging me saying "Happy E. Day." I thank before I blurt out "I don't want to celebrate E. Day."

She stops "What?" She asks.

"I just don't want to celebrate it this year."

"What do you mean this year? We do it every year. It's your day."

"I know it's a day celebrating me, I just feel like we're celebrating someone dumping me by your car like I'm useless." I say looking down at my feet.

"Ems, you're not useless, not to me at least. You're important to all of us, we want to throw you this party. You're not a burden and you never will be."

She hugs me again as I feel comforted. "Well is there anything I can do?" I ask.

"Other than not doing anything?" She responds. "Seriously. I don't want to be bored all day." She sighs and looks around.

"Fine, there's a jewelry exhibit today, you can go steal the 5 exclusive Diamonds being presented there in about an hour. "Really? 5 diamonds, I can't do that, why can't you do it?" I ask.

"You just asked if you could do something Emilia." She responds, I shrug and she says "You can do it, go with your brothers."

°°°

Stormi POV

I was sitting down in my bedroom with my best friend Ashley. "So... Are you talking to anyone?" She asks.

"Yeah you." I say. She scoffs "You know what I mean. Like relationship wise." She says and I immediately think of Emilia. "Yeah, I have." I say.

"That's good. Um I have a question."

"Ask away." I say. "Do you know if Emilia would be interested in me?" She asks. I try so hard to keep my smile up but I fail. I totally forgot that Ashley's been crushing on her for the longest. "We both know Emilia is the one night stand kind of girl." I say.

"You say that like you've slept with her." She responds, if only you knew. "I've never slept with her, I just hear things." I lie as Ashley nods. "How long have you known Emilia anyway?" She asks.

"About 15 years." She widens her eyes in shock. "Gosh! I really like her! What do I do? You've known her practically your whole life. You guys would make a better couple than us. But you wouldn't date her right?" She asks.

"What? Of course not!" I say trying to play off any suspicion. She nods and breathes out. This is one complicated situation.

Emilia POV

I press the red button on the wall and the wall opens up revealing all the elite weapons. I see a dark red dagger and I graze my finger on it in astonishment but Mom plucks my finger "No." She says. I roll my eyes "I bet you 50 bucks Ma won't let us go." I tell Mom.