Chapter 43: Black Outs

adeyaparrish i stole mom's flannel shirt, i don't regret it

Emilia POV

Stormi laughs at the joke I said before saying "Thank you for today."

"You're welcome, but your day isn't finished yet." Stormi raises an eyebrow at my words and I pull her up walking her to my car. We get in and she asks "Where are we going?"

"Just wait until we get there." I say easing her discomfort.

I drive and once we arrive at our destination, I pull out a blindfold and she flinches. "Are you trying to kill me?"

I laugh a little before shaking my head. "Just put it on." She turns around letting me put the blindfold on her. I walk out of the car and I help her out walking to where I had everything set up.

Once we're there, I take off her blindfold and she blinks a little to clear her vision.

Once she sees it, she pauses before turning around and hugging me tightly. "Thank you so much. You really did all this for me?" I nod before grabbing her hand and bringing her closer.

I had balloons set up spelling her name, bouquet of roses, her favorite cake, and tons of gifts for her. We sit down and she leans her head on my shoulder.

After a while of us eating and talking, I hear "Oh my god! You guys are so cute." Me and Stormi turn around to see her boyfriend Matt. "But too bad she's my girlfriend." He says advancing at me.

I hold a hand out stopping him. "I promise you I'm not the person you want to fight." I say feeling my anger rising in my eyes.

"And why not?" He asks. "I don't fight, I kill." I say. "Kill me then." He says punching me directly in my jaw. "With pleasure." I smirk kicking him in his stomach. He stumbles back and I punch him square in the nose.

"One more move, you're dead." I look up to see Kylie pointing a rifle at Matt. "How'd you find us?" Stormi asks her Mom. "I have a tracker on you." Kylie says.

"Mama..." Stormi drags out the name saying "That's weird."

I suddenly feel dizzy and I step back trying to balance myself, "Are you okay Ems?" I hear before I fall onto the ground feeling my eyes wanting to close.

I try to fight it, but I lose. The last thing I hear before blacking out is

When the light dims, Columbo will reign supreme.

Jayden POV

"Jay!" I hear my girlfriend yell my name. "Yes beautiful?" I ask when she enters my room. "I missed you." She says standing on her toes to reach up and kiss me.

"I missed me too." She slaps my shoulder playfully before poking my dimple.

"Hey, there's something wrong." Aunt Zoe comes in my room. "What is it?" I ask. "Hades blacked out." I let go of North and prepare to walk out but my feet doesn't want to move. I feel dizzy and nauseous all of a sudden. "Babe, are you fine?" North asks me. I can't answer because I fall on the ground with my eyes slowly closing.

I hear

When the light dims, Columbo will reign supreme.

Billie POV

I was in the inventory by myself when I hear movement. I turn around and see nothing. I shrug continuing what I was doing. Everything goes dark. There was zero light and I see something red glowing.

Is that? Is that blood? I look closer to see writing. "When the light dims, Columbo will reign supreme." I read to myself. What the hell is that supposed to mean?

I turn around to see a figure run past me before I unintentionally fall hitting my head and blacking out.

Mariana POV

When the light dims, Columbo will reign supreme. Come on Mari, think. What could that possibly mean? I was looking through old notes and files to see if I can find anything.

I've been since 6 in the morning, and I haven't found not one thing beside a file on a brainwasher machine.

I decide to open my laptop and search up the saying I've interacted with two times now. I search it up and the same damn brainwasher machine pops up again. I groan in frustration slamming the laptop close.

Wait? What if the brainwasher has something to do with thia saying? I look at the huge file and I open it, and it's just a lot of writing. Great, now a bitch has to read.

Exactly 76 years ago, the Ultimate Brainwasher was created by Gabriel Columbo for his Micheal to use when he needed it the most. This brainwasher was intentionally designed to be used against Gambinos specifically. The brainwasher will cause blackouts and fainting spells. The fainting spells will happen to those who carry the Gambino last name or who has Gambino blood.

When the brainwasher effects its victims, the victims will hear "When the light dims, Columbo will reign supreme." The only Gambinos who will be able to avoid this are the spouses of the Gambinos.

If a spouse or both spouses are affected by the Brainwasher, that means that the Brainwasher is not being controlled by Columbo, but by a greater force.

A Rodriguez. A Rodriguez who is thought to be dead.

The Rodriguez Family was a famous crime family who topped New York City along with The Gambino Family making them rivals. The Rodriguez Family consisted of two daughters and a man with a wife.

One night, John Rodriguez mysteriously disappeared without a trace.

He was claimed dead.

I shut the book in shock, confusion and fear. Could this book be possibly talking about me and Claudia? Claudia comes in and asks "What is it?"

I tell her to read and her facial expressions changes and when she's done, she says "They lied to us."

"Lied to us? Who?" I ask confused.

"Billie and Finneas. I saw this book years ago, when I went to read it, Billie took it away from me, meaning she knows what is in this book." She says.

"But it says, if one of us hears this, the machine is being controlled by a Rodriguez everyone thinks is dead." I say, she nods hesitantly. "Well who's John?" I ask.

"He's our Dad." Claudia says. "I thought Dad died in a car accident?" I say. "They never found his body Mariana, what if this is true?" Claudia asks.

"What if what is true?" I ask.

"What if Dad never died?"

Hiiii... So some shit just went down huh?