Chapter 10: Everything I Wanted

Mariana POV 

"Did you cheat on me?" Billie asks. I see my phone in her hand and my lips quiver a little as I don't say anything. "Mariana." She says firmly. I look up at her. "Did you?" I nod slowly and she scoffs putting her face in her hands. 

I walk up to her and she pushes me away. "I'm sorry!" I say and she says "Fuck your sorry!" I silently cry as she stands up pacing around around the room. "Billie, please. It was an accident! I left as soon as I found out what I did." I say.

"That doesn't change the fact that you fucked him." 

"It was a mistake! I was mad at you and I took it out by sleeping around, I'm sorry." I grab her and she looks at me before pulling her hand away. 

She punches the mirror, "Stop! You're hurting yourself!" I say.

"You don't care about me." 

"Yes, I do. I love you."

"Did you think about how you loved me when you opened your legs for some other man and why do you have his number saved!?" 

"I don't know! I was drunk and angry because of you."

"So that's what we do now huh? We'll just go sleep with people whenever we're mad at each other, because that's what normal couples do." She says clapping her hands together. 

"I mean we are a couple in the mafia, that isn't normal right?" I say. She pushes photos off of the dresser making them shatter and yells "IT ISN'T FUNNY!" I flinch as she yells at me.

"How many times do I have to say sorry?" I say.

"I don't care Mariana, you cheated on me, okay? Every fucking week, you go through my phone like some paranoid bitch because you think I'M cheating when really it was you."

"Can't we make it even?" I ask. "How the hell am I supposed to make this even?" She says. "I don't know! You sleep with someone else. It's even." She looks at me in disbelief.

"No!" She yells. "Why not!?" I say. 

"Because I don't want to make love with anyone if it isn't with you. I don't want to wake up if you're not by my side. I don't want to eat if you haven't. You're everything to me! When I met you, I got everything I wanted. And you just threw everything away just for some fling with wAyNE."

I laugh a little at the way she says Wayne and she gives me a look warning me to stop laughing. "You think this is a joke, not taking anything serious and laughing at everything I say." She says.

"No, it's because it's not that serious. I want you and only you. Please forgive me." She gives me a questioning grin and says "I forgive you." She says. 

"Wait? Really?" I ask not believing her "Take that forgiveness and shove it up your ass." She says and I sit on the bed sighing.

I hear a few sniffles in the background and I look up to see Billie with tears down her face. She looks at her wedding ring. I get nervous a little because if she takes that ring off, then this marriage really is over.

She stops fiddling with the ring and says "I should've never fallen in love with you." She walks out of the door to leave me to become a crying, emotional mess.

---------------------------

Months Later

Mariana POV

I sit in the kitchen, and I see Billie come in. She walks up to me placing papers in front of me. "What are these?" I ask. 

"Read it." She says. I read the top of the paper. It says Petition for Divorce. She takes her wedding ring off placing it by the papers. "Is this serious?" I ask.

"I'm serious, sign it. I already did." Billie says. "No. I'm not signing it, what type of joke is this?" I say, she sighs, "Mariana, I can't do this anymore. We've become distant. It's over. Just sign it." 

"Billie, you told me I changed you for the better." She nods.

"But now you broke me for the worst." 

"Billie, come on we can work it out. We always do, right?"

"Not this time Mariana, sorry but it's done. Sign it."

I shoot up from the terrifying dream I just had. Billie wanted to divorce me. I pant as I look around in our bedroom. I look at Billie's side of the bed which is empty. 

It's been empty for months. Billie's been sleeping in a separate bedroom. We haven't spoken a word since she left the room. My thoughts get interrupted by a loud thud. I walk out of the bedroom to see where the loud thud came from. 

I stop when I see a familiar body unconscious on the ground. Billie? I open the door widely to see Billie with a needle in her and blood down her arm and there's a bottle of pills spilled besides her. 

She overdosed. 

======================= 

Bye. Don't be mad at me.