Chapter 21: Bloody Water

Billie POV

My eyes flutter as I hear my name being faintly called. I turn around to see Mariana calling my name through tears "Hey? What's wrong?" I ask. 

"I'm scared, I can't sleep." She says. I get out of the bed quickly putting a hoodie on. "What are you doing?" She whispers. "We're going out."

"But it's late and it's dark outside."

"You'll be fine, just stay near me." I say and she nods putting on one of my shirts on and I lead her outside where we start our walk.

She intertwines our fingers as we walk to anywhere "What did you do with Que?" She asks after a while. "Oh he's dead." I say casually.

"Thanks I guess." She says. We arrive at a bench and we sit down with her cuddling close into my side. "How are you?" I ask.

She shrugs "I don't know. Sad?" She says.

"I'm sorry." I say and she raises an eyebrow in confusion. "Why are you sorry?"

"I heard you scream or whatever but I didn't think it was you. I wasn't there to protect you." I say fiddling with my fingers. "You didn't know. I'm not upset at you." She says. After we talk about different things for a while, she yawns.

"Sleepy huh?" I tease and she nods. We get up and walk back to the house. We get in the house and into our room and she crashes on to the bed slowly dozing off. I smile at the sight of her cuddled up with the pillow. You did good Billie choosing her. 

Emilia POV

It is now the morning and I'm in class and it turns out the whole bloodied words on the wall was just a harmless prank. I finished my work already and I was just playing around with my pen that can turn in a knife in the matter of seconds. I watch as the pen changes what it is due to me spinning it in my fingers. 

My eyes go to the door and I look back at my pen as I smirk with an idea popping in my head. I flick my pen and it turns into it's mini blade and focus o my target: the door. I position the blade in my hands as I catch some students' attention.

They gasp as I throw the blade wanting it to pierce the door, but instead the door opens. I widen my eyes as I cover my mouth but I see a hand fly up catching the blade. A familiar hand that I recognize, "Shit." I say once I realize who it is. Mom walks up spinning the knife in her fingers, "Who's blade is this?" She asks. No one says anything as I look down. I watch as Mom look at the blade which has my initials engraved at the tip, she got it for me for my 12th birthday. 

"Really, my daughter?" She says, I look up making eye contact with her. She throws the blade at me, and I catch it with ease. "Good catch." She says. I fold the blade putting it my back pocket. "Come on, we gotta go anyway." She says. 

"But mom..." I whine. She turns around quickly giving me a look while her eyes turn green. "Fine, fine." I say walking out. We walk into her car where Jayden and Hades are in the back of the car. I sit in the front. "Wait, why does she get to sit in the front?" Jayden asks Mom.

Mom ignores him and I say "Uh, 'cause I'm the oldest duh." 

"But that's not fair!" 

"Too bad, get over it." I say and he pulls my ponytail and I reach over punching him. "If I get hit, both of y'all are going to die." 

"Oh shut up!" I say elbowing him. He twists my arm as I push him into the window. "AYE!" Mom yells startling all of us, Mom is not one to yell, so she fucking scared us. "I have exactly 3 bullets in this pistol and each one of them will go into each of you if you don't sit your asses down."

We all sink in our seats just watching the road ahead of us. Once we get home, we get out following her into her office to see the rest of Solid 18 waiting for us and Aunt Zoe was here too. "Why are we here?" Elana asks. I shrug as I look towards Mom. The door opens with a worker saying "Miss Gambino, we need you to sign this."

"Can you get Mariana to sign it, I'm busy right now." She says a little annoyed. "I tried but the room door is locked." The worker says. Mom raises an eyebrow, "Um, the door shouldn't be locked." Mom says. "It is, it's been locked for a while." The worker says. "That's weird." Mom says before walking out.

Billie POV

I walk upstairs to my bedroom door which is indeed locked. "Mariana? You in here?" I ask but I get no response. I reach in my back pocket getting out my room key and I unlock the door. I look around for Mariana, but I don't see her, I hear the water running in the bathroom, I walk towards the bathroom but I see on the marble floor there's water flooding out of the bathroom.

But the water is red, I try to open the door but this one is locked too. I kick the door open to see Mariana in a tub of bloody water with cuts on both of her arms. "Everything good?" I hear Zoe say before walking in with Shaina. They both walked into the bathroom and gasped as they see what I see.

My hands tremble in fear as Shaina walk outside for a medic as I fall down to my knees landing in Zoe's arms while repeating "No."

No. This can't be real. 

--====================== 

So... are y'all good?