Black History month day 5

Here's my next selection

#5 Shirley Chisholm

Shirley Chisholm is the first black woman to get voted 2 Congress in New York 12 congressional district and served 7 terms. Being the first is always a great accomplishment and it's something that can never be taken away it's a legacy that not only your family but your community can be proud again young black girls need 2 see images of successful black upstanding woman. We shouldn't be angry at them when they become trash when that's the imagery we allow.

Shirley Chisholm was also the first black person from a major party 2 ever run for president and the first woman 2 ever appear on the debate stage. When we see our past examples and know they survived real hardships we shouldn't ever fix our mouth 2 complain.

Many of the black female legislators probably got their inspiration from Congresswoman Chisholm. Congresswoman Chisholm helped create the WIC for those of us who are mothers. Also worked on the Education and Labor committee. She was one of the founding members of the congressional black caucus.

Ladies tell your daughter's they can be legislators they don't have 2 be BeeHive or Cold Sore B 2 have success in life

✌🏾