4/21/18

It's been 2 years already and it seems like just yesterday that I heard the news that would shake my world.I woke up that morning feeling great the Cavs had just be the Pistons in a playoff game I attended and it was my daughter's 7th birthday.I arrived at work only to find that you were gone and I knew instantly the lies would start rolling from then.

I first fell in love with everything about at 3 years old Purple Rain was out I didn't understand what was going on but I knew it was something special.I went through the I hate boys phase for along time but I told my dad when I grow up me and Prince are getting married.

Every active memory I can has you as it's soundtrack.You were the best friend to that lost forgotten child and I was one of them.I was different and in the 80s and 90s that wasn't cool.I was better at sports than most boys as a girl no one would accept that.My mom,aunts my sister all hated it.

Why can't you be more like Terrah,Ebony any of my female cousins who were girly girls.I spent alot of time with my dad he was a ref I had no choice but to love sports.Then there you were being you no matter who liked it or what they thought of it.

You made being weird being different taking the road less traveled okay.You are truly a gift from God that we as much as we love you took you for granted.You didn't want to only be the Purple Rain singer yet in death that's how they describe you.You were so much more than Purple Rain.You were Sticky Like Glue,And God Created Woman,Pink Cashmere,Time,When She Comes,far too many to name and many we don't even know about yet.

Unlike you I let people's opinions of me effect my life far more than I should have.I use to write,draw play most sports do many things but I lost sight of it all.I lost myself and the only blessing that came from your loss is people that understand being different is beautiful that being weird is okay that clothes don't define what or who you are.Heels and a dress doesn't make me a woman.My jeans and Jordans doesn't mean I'm not one it just means I'm Teleise and not anyone else.

When my daughter ask for a fire truck or dinosaur I give it to her because I want her to be Talyiah and if a fire truck or a football makes her happy I'm happy.I begin to write and draw and make people laugh again.Once again I stopped caring how people feel about me.Ive made many new friends all over the world through the love of your music better friends to me than people I've known all my life.

I will never understand the evil in ones heart to take away such a beautiful soul as yours the world is truly not as beautiful of a place without you.I only hope you knew how much you meant to me to us all.I thank God for allowing me to live in the same space and time as you.To be able to tell my grandkids some days The Greatest Music Of All Time came from my era.

Nothing reminds me more of the cycle of life than this day Talyiah gets older and you get further away.I will never let you fade into the darkness of memories as I introduce a new generation who weren't blessed enough to know you had a new album coming out to your genius.I spent yesterday at work in the bathroom in tears the disrespect of releasing those pics were too much.

Today I sit watching my great nephews play a sports you loved dearly basketball again fighting tears.Trying only to remember the good and the love you left behind.

You said the Beautiful Ones you always seem to lose,that beautiful one was never supposed to be you.I guess I should thank God he let us borrow you for awhile.

Words are 2 weak 2 define just what you mean to me.That song would make me sit in the car for an extra 6 mins just to hear it.A guy from BET told you Adore was the black national anthem you acted clueless and said you'd sing it more often.

People often lump you in with other artist and composers.MJ,Beethoven,Buch,Mozart,Hendrix all were good no lie but in my world it's YOU then everyone else.You will always be my number one day one and I will argue with whoever doesn't agree.I be ready to fight that's how serious I am about any disrespect thrown your way.

They say time heals all wounds but now I'm not so sure.I don't wanna hear what's on the radio,I hate when Miguel Childish Gambino Bruno Mars and others are compared 2 U it's simply blasphemous to say the least.

I could go on for a lifetime about the love I have for you.Thank you for being you and sharing your gift with the world.Everyday is a yellow day now.

Good night sweet Prince I hope flights of angels carried you 2 your slumber.Rest Easy Beautiful One

P.S April snow now makes me smile

And can one of ya'll update a story so I can stop crying 💜💜💜☔