Black History Month day 4

Here's my pick for day 4

#4 Hiram Rhodes Revels

On February 25th 1870 Hiram Revels with a party line vote 48 to 8 Republican and Democrats voting party line oppose became the first black Senator in US history.  Southern Democrats heavily oppose his election stating that no black man was a U.S citizen before the ratification of the 14th amendment and tried using the argument of the Dread Scott case of the 1850s.

Revels proved by his voting record in Ohio that he met the requirements of being a citizen 9 yrs prior to being in office. March 16 1870 he argued that all black legislators be reinstated after being ousted by the Democratic party in the Georgia general assembly.

In 1871 after his term in the US Senate ened he became the first president of Alcorn University an HBCU. 1873 he took leave 2 serve as the Secretary of State in Mississippi. He returned to the job as the college president in 1876 and served until he retired in 1882.

I don't know about any of u reading this but I was not taught about Hiram Revels in my history not even in black history which I took in 11th grade. Remember when Michael Jackson said the history books are lying to u.. u must know that u have 2 know that?

" Batter up pitcher down what yo teacher say it ain't found." That's line from The War by Prince from 1998 26 mins long cut down from 45 mins I was what other 19 mins says.

Why u do suppos we don't learn about these other significant people? Someone paved the way for Dr King and Malcolm X they should be recognized as well

Here's all the first black Congressman.

✌🏾