Chapter Fifty-Five.

"Fangs? What are you doing out here?" I gasped as I ran towards my brother. I hadn't seen him since the Farm 'ascended' two weeks back and left Kevin alone, it was fair to say I was in shock.

"D-Dani? What are you doing in the woods in the middle of the night? Don't you have a daughter to look after?" Fangs asked, his voice was harsh but I could tell it was a cover as he frantically looked around him.

"I went for a run to clear my head, like I've been doing for the last couple of years. Sweet Pea is having a daddy/daughter night with Charlie so I thought I would get some air. Why aren't you happy to see me? I can get you out of this mess." I grabbed onto Fangs arm slightly as I tried to pull him in the direction I had come from.

"I went for a walk-" Fangs began speaking but was cut off by a loud bang just in ear-shot.

"What are you really doing out here? You're apart of a cult Fangs it's not like Edgar would let you go freely, trust me I know, he tried to control me but surprisingly spared my life when he realised it wasn't going to work. Secretly I think he was hoping Penelope's twisted game would wipe me out instead." I started rambling on before Fangs put a hand over my mouth, footsteps approaching the both of us as Fangs moved behind a tree, his hand still on my mouth whilst the footsteps turned around and walked back to the noise of the initial bang.

"I can't talk right now. Edgar said we couldn't talk to outsiders and that includes my own sister. You have to leave." Fangs was stern but his words were clearer than ever.

"What are you talking about? I'm not going to leave my brother to run back to a cult for Christ's sake." 

"Dani please. You need to leave before they see you out here. If you trust me at all then please leave." His eyes were pleading as he kept a watch over his shoulder for anybody else approaching.

"Fine. I'll leave. On one condition, you come out here tomorrow at the same time. You need to tell me what's going on, for real." I whispered as lights lit up behind the both of us. 

"Okay I promise. Now please get out of here." Fangs grabbed ahold of me in a tight hug, I didn't want to let go as a few tears ran down my cheeks.

"Tomorrow." I nodded at him as I begun to sneak away.

"Dani." Fangs called out softly making me turn back around "I love you sis." 

A smile plastered itself onto my face as I smiled back at my brother.

"I love you too bro." He smiled back at me before I watched him walk back to what I assumed was a group of Farmies. I put my earphones in and jogged away as if I hadn't seen a single thing, determined to get out of that forest and talk to Sweet Pea. 

---

"Hey babe! What took you so long?" Sweet Pea whispered to me as I quietly stepped around Charlie's cot to get to our bed.

Leaning down I placed a kiss on Sweet Pea's lips before replying.

"Promise me you'll stay calm whilst I say this." I sat down on the bed, playing with my nails before looking back up at him.

"Of course I will babe, now talk to me because you're seriously worrying me." Sweet Pea grabbed ahold of my hands, his eyes searching my face as they tried to figure out my thoughts.

"I ran into Fangs... in the woods... he was with some group of Farmies. He kept trying to get me out of there, he seemed panicked." 

"W-what? Fangs? Was he okay, physically?" Sweet Pea ran a hand through his hair, stress overtaking his body.

"Yeah no he was fine, for now. He kept making sure that nobody saw me and that I was safe. I don't think Edgar's brainwashing has completely reached him yet. Whatever or whoever he's holding onto it's keeping him strong enough to resist Edgar's temptations." 

Silence filled the room as the both of us tried to wrap our heads around the situation. Sweet Pea had rested his head on my legs as my fingers ran through his hair. Realisation hit me that I couldn't get him out of there which means Sweet Pea won't be able to either. One person came to mind and it seemed to hit Sweet Pea at the same time.

"Kevin." We laughed slightly as realisation kicked in that those two shared the same bond as us.

---

"You saw him? Where? When? Is he okay?" Kevin rose his voice slightly as we sat in the booth at Pop's the next night.

"Quiet Kevin gee we don't want anyone overhearing before we save him." I shook my head slightly as Kevin slouched back down in the booth.

"We're going to get him out of there tonight, we want you to come with us. We need to save him Kev." I reached my hand across the table and grabbed Kevin's softly. 

"I'm coming. I don't care if I have to face Edgar or the Farmies again, we're saving Fangs whether he likes it or not." 

A soft smile came across my lips as the three of us looked between each other. 

"Let's get him back." Sweet Pea said before we all sat there developing a plan we knew would work to save Fangs.