Chapter Thirty-Three.

"That's the last of it." I smiled cautiously as I brought the third bag upstairs to Sweet Pea and I's new room in Thistle-house.

"That's it?" Cheryl asked looking disgusted at how little belongings we owned.

"Babe..." Toni cautioned making Cheryl apologise instantly.

"No really it's all good, we did have more stuff but our trailer burnt down and we don't exactly have any money to buy anything new so whatever we salvaged from the trailer is all we really have..." I thought back to that night of chaos, thinking Fangs was dead and having our entire trailer burn down. I was still to this day thankful that I managed to save my grandparents rings, it was all I have of them.

"Nope this is not acceptable. What's mine is yours and we're going shopping." Cheryl nodded towards Toni, Sweet Pea and I before clapping excitedly when nobody protested.

"Yeah look as much as I love that idea I've got to get to work, you two look after Dani okay? She's becoming more immobile by the day." Sweet Pea nodded towards my giant stomach indicating to the fact we now only had two months to go.

"We'll protect her no matter what Sweet Pea." Toni smiled before Sweet Pea leant down and kissed me on the lips, grabbed his bag and left.

"I'm all down for shopping but can we not go to crazy? I don't want to become materialistic in case anything happens and we have to live in Tent-City again." I laughed anxiously as I looked between the three bags again really starting to realise how little I owned.

"Fiiinnneeee but we're still doing my version of shopping." Cheryl winked before grabbing Toni's hand and leading us both outside to her brand new red convertible.

---

"Cheryl you do realise this is more stuff I've ever owned right?" I motioned towards the multiples of bags as we sat down in the shopping mall to grab something to drink.

"Really? There's not even that much here!" Cheryl exclaimed with shock in her voice as she looked at the pile of at least 30 bags.

"For you maybe Cher but you have to remember that Dani and I didn't grow up in wealth. In fact we grew up in the exact opposite of that." Toni cautioned as she rested her hand on Cheryl's, seemingly grounding her in the process. 

"I guess you're right, okay we just have to head to like three more stores and then we can go home okay?" Cheryl looked between Toni and I almost as though she was asking for permission to go.

"You two go ahead, I'll mind the bags. My feet are in agony." I joked as I put my feet up on the spare chair at our table.

"Are you sure? We'll only be like ten minutes and only on the other side of the food court..." Toni asked wearily as she looked around paranoid.

"Trust me when I say this, we'll be fine." I motioned to my bump faking a smile before the two of them nodded and walked off. 

Sighing I leant against the back of the chair trying my best to get comfortable, my feet were in agony and the closer my due date got the less and less I was able to do. I had never felt uglier than I did right now but I had to keep reminding myself that it was all going to be worth it in the end. Only ten weeks left until I meet our little baby, our little bundle of joy.

"Deep thought there princess?" Malachi's voice ran through my ears as I felt a cold breath on the back of my neck. 

I wanted to scream but I felt something sharp touch my back and I knew it was his switchblade. 

"Stalking me much Malachi?" I spat back at him as he sat down in front of me, one of his Ghoulies still pressing the knife into my back as I wiggled uncomfortably.

"Only because I love you so much." Malachi spoke with a wicked grin on his face, I can't believe there was a time I thought he was actually attractive.

"You don't know what love is Malachi. You know what creepiness, stalking and pain is though that's for sure." I rolled my eyes at the man sitting in front of me wondering if there was any way I could actually get out of this when my eyes met one of Evelyn Evernever.

"Darling I know what love is and trust me I know you know that." He winked at me making me shiver as my eyes met Evelyn's once more as I pled for help but tried to hold a strong front.

"I don't think one night means you know what love is. You know how to have sex with someone wow good on you so does everyone else on the planet. Just tell me now what you want because frankly I'm sick of your games." 

"I want what's rightfully mine." Malachi nodded his head slightly to my stomach making me gasp, the anger in me boiling over.

"This baby is lucky to have no ties to you Malachi and it's sure as hell going to stay that way." I spat at him before I felt the knife dig a little deeper in my back causing blood to slowly trickle down.

"Sweet sweet Danica that's where you're wrong. You know that baby was supposed to be ours but you went and lost it." The tone in Malachi's voice had turned venomous as I sat there reliving everything that night had led too.

"How do you even know about that?" I asked in shock before I rested my hand on my stomach protectively, I could feel my heart break as I spoke.

"There's not a single thing I don't know. I've known about our baby since the day it happened. Your parents and I haven't just taken a sudden interest in you because you're pregnant, no you see we're interested because you're pregnant AGAIN and that baby was damn right supposed to be mine." 

"Malachi I was 15, it was a one night stand after you got me drunk. I didn't even know who you were back then. I didn't know I was pregnant, hell I only found out when I went to the hospital in agony and they told me I miscarried. You couldn't have possibly known about it." I felt tears trickle down my cheek as I thought back to the baby I lost almost three years ago.

"I have eyes and ears everywhere. Remember that." Malachi spat his words out before he stood from the chair and nodded to his Ghoulie to drop the knife. "I'll be seeing you in ten weeks." He nodded towards my stomach making me gasp in shock as I realised what he wanted all along. 

"Danica are you okay? I'm sorry I didn't do anything some guy came up and held a knife to me as it all went down. Who were those guys?" Evelyn spoke in a caring tone as she rubbed my arm soothingly.

"That was a rival gang member... he... he threatened to take my baby..." I broke down in tears as I felt Evelyn's arms wrap around me gently, I sobbed into her chest letting all of my emotions and feelings out as she comforted me.

"I know you probably don't want to but why don't you come over mine tonight? We can watch some chick flicks and eat popcorn and just hang out, we can get you calm and collected." Evelyn offered as I pulled away slightly.

"That actually sounds perfect." I spoke softly before smiling at the woman sitting in front of me who had somehow managed to calm me down within a matter of minutes.

"Dani, are you alright?" Toni's voice brought me out of my thoughts as she looked between both Evelyn and I.

"I'll see you at 7pm?" Evelyn asked, I nodded slightly at her before explaining to Toni and Cheryl what had just happened and how I was going to stay at Evelyn's tonight. 

"Are you sure that's a good idea? We can have a girls night at Thistle-house?" Cheryl asked cautiously as she tried not to make me break again.

"I appreciate that. I really do. However this way you guys can play G&G with Fangs, Sweet pea and Jughead just like you had planned to tonight and instead of me sitting around I could actually have fun too." I smiled between the both of them feeling optimistic after my break down to Evelyn, deep down I knew that tonight was going to be good for me.