Chapter Thirteen.

The ride to the Wyrm was filled with tears and heartache as the memory of what Sweet Pea had said to me played in my head. I knew he didn't mean it and I knew he was just worried about Fangs but I couldn't stop myself from crying. 

Pulling up in my usual spot outside the Wyrm I felt odd and on edge, yeah it may have been the Southside but this place was my home I truly didn't know why I felt so off. Brushing it aside I pulled out some makeup from my bag to hide the tear stains that were quite evident on my face. I didn't need to give Sweet Pea something else to worry over. Taking a deep breath I opened the car door and headed straight inside, not risking another second out of safety on this mad night. 

"Princess. I am so so sorry for what I said. I didn't mean it I promise I was just angry and upset and frustrated-" Sweet Pea immediately came rushing over to me as he saw me walk through the door.

"Sweets it's fine really-" I tried to accept his apology and blame my over-reaction on the hormones but Sweet pea cut me off.

"No it's not fine. I hurt you, I know I did. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, OUR baby is the best thing that's ever happened to US and I'm so sorry I even brought them into this argument. You're the love of my life and the only woman I want to be with, I want to raise our child together in your family home, happy. I don't want us to argue or hold onto grudges because hell life is too short. I love you Danica and I will love you until the day I die." Sweet Pea looked broken as I looked up into his eyes, they were red and puffy and I could tell he had been crying too. I knew that he didn't mean what he said so instead of saying another word I stood on my tippy toes and kissed him straight on the lips, it was a short kiss but it was filled with so many different emotions it was insane.

"I love you too Sweets, you're the one for me and always will be." He smiled as we pulled away from the kiss before taking my hand and walking further into the bar where we saw the rest of the Serpents. I went and sat at the edge of the bar with a couple of the younger Serpents whilst Sweet Pea confronted Jughead.

"I can't just sit here." Sweet Pea said as Jug held him up against the wall catching everyone's attention. 

"You don't have a choice Sweet Pea. Stay put!" Jughead replied before Sweet Pea brushed him off, Jug taking a step back in the process. 

"You said it yourself, the Ghoulies are back." I caught myself gasping  slightly at what Sweet Pea had said, this being complete news to me and I wondered why nobody had mentioned it to me before but I brushed it aside for now and payed attention to my boyfriend and Jughead's argument.

"We'll deal with them." I could see that Jug was trying his hardest to hold it together but he really had no clue how to handle this type of situation. He hadn't even been a serpent for that long let alone been in a gang war like the rest of us. 

"As soon as my dad gets back-" Jug tried to continue before getting cut off once again by Sweet Pea. 

"Oh so you're not our leader all of a sudden? Oh no that's right you're just the guy who got Fangs shot." I stepped forward grabbing Sweet Pea's hand to try to calm him down and to tell him to step back but it was no use as he shrugged me off. 

"Watch it." Jughead warned as I stepped back towards the other serpents, one of their arms wrapped around my shoulder in a reassuring way making me smile slightly, mouthing a thank you before we tuned into the argument once more.

"Fangs might die and the Ghoulies are out for our blood because of a drag race YOU started." Sweet Pea pushed Jughead slightly trying to get him to fight back, pain clear in both of their faces.

"An hour. That's all I'm asking for Sweet Pea." Jughead spoke up for the last time, the both of them staring at one another before Sweet Pea turned around and walked out the back of the bar, I immediately smiled softly towards the younger Serpents I was standing with and Jughead before following him out the back.

"Sweets?" I spoke up softly as I looked around and couldn't see him, I didn't hear his voice but I heard some snuffling coming from the corner of the beer garden where the four of us used to all hang out. "Sweets, come here." I pulled him close to me as I saw him crying his eyes out. I knew if it was anybody else he would have retaliated but with me I knew he wouldn't.

"He may not make it babe... Fangs might die... our brother... he could be dead by the end of the night." He spoke through sobs as I held him close and rocked him backwards and forwards.

"I know Sweets I know but Fangs is a fighter, he won't let go without fighting with every last ounce of life in his body. He's strong, just like you, that's what makes the both of you such good brothers. You're both stubborn as hell but you never give up on one another." I tried comforting my boyfriend as the tears continued. Rocking him backwards and forwards as hysterical cries came out of his mouth once in awhile I couldn't help but think of all of the times Sweet Pea, Fangs, Toni and I would sit at this exact table having drinks, complaining about school or some North-Sider, I caught myself wishing it would just go back to the way it was before the riot begun but we all knew deep down nothing would ever be the same. I lost track of the amount of time we had been sitting outside but I didn't mind as it meant I was there for my boyfriend. 

Was it cold outside? Yes.

Was I wishing I had something warmer then my Serpents jacket? Of course.

Did I currently wish Sweet Pea was the one holding me to keep me warm? Yes.

Except I also wouldn't change this, Sweet Pea never cries, he bottles everything up inside of him until one day something tips him over the edge and he gets angry and lashes out until he's alone and he'll start crying. I'm just glad that I could be there holding him and supporting him as best as I could whilst he let all of his tears and emotions out in the healthiest way possible: crying.