Chapter Fifty-Nine

2 years later 

"I don't know if I can do this. What if he's not at the alter? Oh my god what if he doesn't love me anymore?" The anxiety coursed through my veins as I struggled to calm my nerves. My sweaty hands patted against the delicate flowers on my dress as I paced across the small bridal room.

"Dani you need to breathe." Toni spoke as she rested her soft hands on my shoulders; stopping me in my course. "Sweet Pea has loved you from the day he set eyes on you, he's never going to stop loving you. I know for a fact that he's standing there at the end of the aisle stressing the exact same amount as you are."

I nodded indicating I had heard her before I began steadying my breath. The air slowly filled my lungs again as my hands stopped shaking from the anxiety that previously took over my body. I mumbled a quiet thank you before turning to the floor length mirror in front of me. The mirror gave me the chance to view the beautiful dress that donned my body in full. The dress held thin straps covered in white lace that fit perfectly on my shoulders, a plunging v-neck went down to my waist as the entire dress was covered in beautiful white lace. It fit perfectly on my body like it was made just for me. 

"Oh you look beautiful." FP's voice pulled me out of my admiration as I turned around to face him. He was dressed in a simple black suit with a tie that complimented his skin tone. A smile grew on my face as I walked over to him, enveloping him in a massive hug. His lips touched my cheek softly before we pulled away and he rested his hands on my shoulders so he could take in my entire look. "You're so grown up." FP sighed sweetly before continuing. "I know I'm not your biological father but I just want you to know how proud I am of you. Not only have you grown into such a strong, incredible young woman but you're also raising one just as strong. You've always been family Dani and it makes me so happy to see how beautiful your life has become."

A few tears threatened to leave my eyes as I hugged FP tight again before Fangs knocked on the door telling us it was time. "You ready Dani?" I smiled towards Fangs as FP squeezed my hands  tight before he walked out to grab a seat.

"Let's do this." The same smile still plastered on my face as I fixed the hair over my shoulder before I stepped into my six-inch stiletto heels that matched perfectly with my dress and linked arms with Fangs ready to walk down the aisle.

"You look beautiful sis." Fangs kissed me on the cheek as we watched Toni, being my maid of honour, walk out before us. Taking a deep breath and mentally counting the ten seconds I was instructed to wait before walking I looked up at Fangs, nodding before we began walking out the double doors. My brain was all over the place, a million thoughts and doubts running through my mind as I stared at my feet, the thought of falling down was evident as I walked on the uneven grass towards the aisle. A collective gasp was heard indicating that I was now in full view of all of our guests. We picked up the pace slightly before I found the courage to look up from the ground. 

Standing there at the end of the aisle stood the most handsome man I'd ever seen in my life, he wore a black suit with a simple red rose clipped onto the square pocket of his tuxedo pocket. His hair was slicked back but still slightly messy, the perfect way in my opinion. His eyes scanned my body as I had done his before our eyes met. Everything fell silent, my mind settling into place as I inched closer to the man I loved before me. Our gazes kept as my cautious steps turned into those of confidence. Before I knew it we had reached the end of the aisle and I was finally at the alter. 

Fangs gave me away to Sweet Pea before sitting down and pulling Charlie onto his lap as she waved at the both of us, I quickly blew her a kiss before handing the bouquet of roses to Toni and finally connecting my hands with Sweet Pea's. A giant smile was spread across both of our faces as we complimented each other continuously. The ceremony flew by as we remained in a shared daze between the two of us. We said our vows before exchanging my grandparents wedding rings, the last thing I had left of theirs. We kept the ceremony short and stuck with traditional vows as we wanted more time to celebrate with our families at the wedding reception.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." The wedding officiant spoke before the two of us leant in for a kiss. Sweet Pea's hands rested on my cheeks as my arms instinctively wrapped around his neck, our lips finally connecting as our family and friends cheered loudly to celebrate us. It was supposed to be a short kiss but neither one of us stuck to that as Sweet Pea pulled me closer before dip kissing me and encouraging our family to cheer louder. I laughed at his goofiness once I pulled away and held his hand tightly preparing to walk down the aisle together as husband and wife and start the rest of our lives.

"I love you wife."  Sweet Pea whispered in my ear making me blush as an irreplaceable smile fell onto my face. "I love you too husband." I leant up and pecked him on the lips quickly before we walked down the aisle as our family and friends threw rose petals over us.

---

"I can't believe we're here." Sweet Pea's soft voice ran through my ears as we slow danced in the middle of the dance floor; our first dance taking place to Veronica singing an acoustic version of The Union Of The Snake. "Who would've thought hey? When you proposed a few years ago I actually had doubts we'd ever get to walk down the aisle."

 Sweet Pea looked at me with fake offence on his face as I laughed softly before continuing explaining. "You know that's not what I meant. I knew we'd still be together but I'm surprised we actually got married. I thought we'd end up being that couple who was engaged for 30 years with three children but never actually end up tying the knot."  

"You know I actually believe that. If it weren't for Cheryl and Toni's persistence we may have just ended up that way but three children? Damn I'm not sure about that one - I've always wanted an equal amount of children so that one isn't left out or lonely." I looked up at my husband with nothing but love in my eyes before kissing him softly on the lips as we began to wrap up our first dance. "I'm so unbelievably in love with you." 

He smiled down at me before dipping me and kissing me passionately on the lips as our wedding party began to cheer for us. I smiled as my hand ran through his hair before he lifted me back up and embraced me tight. As we stood in our embrace our friends started to dance around us before Charlie came running up and hugging our legs.  "Hi baby."  Sweet Pea smiled as he leant down and picked up our daughter before we both kissed her on the cheek. Charlie was dressed in a simple pink dress with a white bow around her waist, her hair was curled and pinned back as her feet - which were once wearing white sandals - were now bare. 

"Don't you look gorgeous baby." I smiled as her little arms wrapped around the both of our shoulders as we swayed to the music and danced with our daughter. "You look pretty mummy." Her little voice made my heart melt as I thanked her and the three of us continued to dance around the dance floor. Slowly our friends started trickling in and we all danced together. The photographer snapped photos of us all night as we continued dancing and laughing with our families. 

As the night drew to a close Sweet Pea and I made our way to the balcony that had a picture-perfect view of the ocean and city lights causing a sense of peace and serenity to course through my veins. My hands rested on the cool banister as Sweet Pea's arms wrapped around my waist, his head softly on top of mine as we took a moment to process the days events. "Can you believe the night's almost over? We get to go home as husband and wife before heading off to Hawaii in the morning." 

A smile rested on my lips as I spun around so we were face-to-face, my back now feeling the exposed air of the night. "Two whole weeks in a completely different country; relaxing on the hot beaches, taking time to ourselves for the first time since Charlie was born, enjoying nights out and fancy dinners. I couldn't imagine anything better with you." The signature smirk I fell in love with all those years ago appeared on Sweet Pea's face as he leant down to whisper in my ear "I can think of one thing that beats it all." His lips kissed my ear before softly making their way down my neck, across my jawline and slowly resting on my lips. 

I melted into his touch as I had countless times before, my lips parting as his hands rested on my ass. Our tongues entwining as every ounce of passion and love we held for each other melted into the kiss. I'd never felt safer than when I was in the arms of my new husband. His soft movements calmed me. His kiss made all my worries melt away. He was my safety net through the darkest times and my saviour through the scariest. It amazed me when I thought back to how we started: a simple fling leading to the creation of our daughter that also blessed us with a love one could only dream about. It's amazing how one night changes your entire life and I just so happened to be lucky enough it changed for the best possible ways.