Chapter Twenty-Three.

"How's the trial been going V?" I asked as I mopped the floors of Pop's ready to finish for the night.

"Emotional. The jury still thinks he did it when everyone knows he didn't. I just can't believe my father would go to these lengths to keep us apart. Summer is almost over and we've all done nothing but try to find any alibi or theory that will stick and still nothing." Veronica sighed as she leant against a booth we had just cleaned.

"I still can't believe this whole thing is even happening, how did all of our lives turn into this? Jughead's the Serpent King, Betty is our queen, Cheryl is now apart of the Serpents, Archie's on trial for a murder he didn't commit and I'm pregnant. I bet this isn't what you envisioned moving to Riverdale hey?" I smiled softly as I processed everything I had just said. It honestly seemed like a lifetime ago when everything was relatively normal for our small group of teenagers.

"As insane and crazy as it is I wouldn't change a life, except the fact that Archie could quite possibly be in jail by the end of the Summer..." Veronica trailed off as a tear rolled down her cheek. Dropping the mop immediately I was by her side to comfort her, in the couple of weeks that I had been working her we had grown closer than imaginable. She was there for me with my pregnancy and I was there for her with the diner and Archie. 

"V it's going to work out one way or another. The odds aren't in Archie's favour but that doesn't mean we're going to let him rot away in prison for a crime he didn't commit, Arch is family to me which makes him family to the Serpents." I watched as Veronica smiled softly at me, I could tell she was trying to be strong but she also knew she didn't have to be with me. 

"Anyways on a lighter note are you going to Cheryl's pool party tomorrow?" I laughed at the sudden change in subject and how much of a master Veronica was at diverting awkward situations.

"I don't know, I don't exactly have a pool body, plus I thought you needed me to work tomorrow?" I questioned as we packed away the cleaning equipment and bid Pop Tate a farewell before walking out of the diner arm in arm.

"Firstly, you're pregnant and absolutely stunning despite not having the 'body' you used too. Secondly, you know you were off the calendar for tomorrow for this specific event. Courtesy of Cheryl of course." I shook my head laughing, of course Cheryl wouldn't let me get out of this party. "Also I knew you were going to object so I bought you this." 

Before I could say another word Veronica pulled out a bag from the back seat of her car.

"Courtesy of us girls, we want you to look smoking hot tomorrow and showcase that bump of yours." 

"V, I couldn't possibly accept this." I stared at the two piece in my hands, it was plain black but stunning nonetheless. 

"Nonsense, nobody else in our group is pregnant, that I know of anyway, so you must keep it. We didn't want to buy you something too out there and we knew black was your favourite colour to wear thanks to the Serpents. Plus imagine how hot you'll look for your man." Veronica winked at the end part making me blush slightly before accepting the gift and hugging her tightly.

"Thank you so much V, this means the world to me that you girls did this. I'm actually excited for tomorrow now." Veronica shook her head laughing at me knowing that the only reason I didn't want to go to the party was because I had nothing to wear. 

"I'll see you tomorrow D, get home and get some rest." I smiled at Veronica as we said our goodbyes and I hopped in my truck to drive pack to the camping ground. The whole time I was thinking about the brand new bikini and how happy it made me to own something new once again.

---

"Babe have you seen Cheryl anywhere?" I asked Sweet Pea as we sat on the edge of the pool.

"I haven't seen anyone but you." Sweet Pea winked at me making me all flustered.

"Smooth Sweets really smooth." I leant closer to him kissing him softly on the lips before Sweet Pea slowly picked me up and place me on his lap, being careful not to hurt me. His mouth moulded perfectly with my own as his tongue begged for entrance, I smiled at him as I allowed his tongue to roam my mouth, mine doing the exact same to him.

"Damn even whilst pregnant you still know how to get the ball rolling Dani." I pulled apart smiling as I looked up and saw Cheryl standing there in a pink floral bikini and black heels. "Nice suit by the way" She winked at me as Sweet Pea and I stood up and I gave her a massive hug.

"Courtesy of you and the girls so thank you. You look beautiful Cheryl." I admired her perfect body as I wished I currently looked like that but instead I was bloated and pregnant.

"Why of course I do Dani, don't worry once you've had the baby I can help you get back into shape." I smiled at Cheryl's generosity knowing she meant no harm by the comment, if anything I was grateful for her offer as she knew that was one of my biggest worries with being pregnant, as selfish as it may seem.

"You'll be one of those hot Instagram mum's in no time." Kevin added as I looked over and saw him and Moose lazing on the pool chairs.

"You're already a hot mum." Sweet Pea whispered in my ear making my cheeks go bright red as he kissed down my neck.

"On that note I'm going to see Archie's new ink." I winked at Sweet Pea as I strutted away, hearing the whistles from the man I had just left.

"How's the arm feeling Arch?" I smiled as I walked over and gave Archie a hug.

"It's sore but it feels sort of home-like." Archie stared down at his shoulder where the new Serpent tattoo he had received the previous down now was. "I'm finally apart of your family D." Archie hugged me tightly once more before throwing the football back to Reggie.

"You were always apart of my family Arch." I joined in tossing the football between Archie and Reggie as I watched Sweet Pea mingling with all of my friends, as if he felt his eyes on me he got up and walked straight over to the three of us, shaking hands with both Reggie and Archie.

"Welcome to the Serpents red." Sweet Pea said genuinely making my smile grow at the fact that three of the most important guys in my life were all getting along.

"Damn joining the Serpents is becoming a fashion statement. First Cheryl and Betty, now you Arch, I may need to reconsider my life choices." Reggie joked around making the rest of us start laughing.

"I'd be happy to give you the initiation punch bulldog." Sweet Pea commented making me shake my head at their constant masculinity competition.

"I'm sure I could take it snake." Reggie spoke back with a serious tone, there was a slight moment of silence before the two of them cracked up laughing and patting each other on the back. 

Archie threw the football to Sweet Pea before pulling me aside gently, confusion was written on my face as I was wondering what went on in his head.

"If I get sent away I want you to look after yourself, I know you say that you will but I mean it. I know how you let your emotions act for themselves and I don't want them to do something that will wind you up in prison alongside me. You have a family Dani, a beautiful little family." Archie spoke as he rested his hand softly on my bump. "You need to protect them and yourself now. I know all you'll want to do is kill Hiram but you have to process me you won't. For the sake of yourself." 

I looked down to the ground contemplating what Archie just said and I knew he was right. It didn't take a genius to figure out that I act out of anger, fear or sadness before I think about the consequences or the outcome. I already wanted to take Hiram down but I knew I had to make this promise, to ease Archie's mind if anything.

"I promise you Arch. I want you to know that I'm never going to stop fighting for you though, if you wind up in prison that tattoo will keep you safe. I want you to use it to your advantage and stay alive Archie." He nodded his head slightly as I pulled him in for a tight hug, asking Sweet Pea to take a photo of the two of us as it may be the last day of Archie's freedom. May as well mark the occasion right?