Chapter Forty-Six.

"Tonight was odd..." I moved my head slightly to the side so I could look up at Sweet Pea as we lay on our bed in FP's place, Charlie sleeping soundlessly in her cot. 

"That's an understatement. Look I know how much you care for Evelyn, Edgar and the rest of the Farmies. They helped you more than I ever could have during the pregnancy Taand I'm forever grateful for that but there's just something not right going on there." Sweet Pea kissed me softly on the head before he continued to play with my hair.

"I love them both, I truly do. They're almost like my family. They offered us a home when we had nothing. They offered us food, water and work. I feel terrible for second-guessing them and any of their motives but come on Edgar's entrance to the rest of the town was a little spooky." I shook my head of the thought of it, trying my hardest not to dwell on the event.

"Talk about making an entrance." Sweet Pea's comment made the both of us laugh slightly before Charlie started to stir.

"I've got her." I whispered softly as I stood up from the bed and picked Charlie up in my small arms, rocking her softly to settle her back to sleep.

"You're both so beautiful." Sweet Pea smiled as he snapped a quick photo of the both of us.

"She gets her looks from her dad that's for sure." I walked over to the side of the bed and sat down still rocking Charlie as Sweet Pea hugged me from behind.

"I still can't believe this is our family: that we created this beautiful child." A smile crept onto my  face at the mention of Charlie, I too was in shock that we had managed to create our own little sense of heaven.

---

"I can't believe you're getting married in three months. This is actually crazy D." Toni spoke up as we flicked through wedding dresses trying to find the perfect one. 

"What I can't believe is that you and Cheryl are no longer apart of the Serpents, that's your family T. I'm so insanely sorry that this has affected you so much. We all know you're the rightful Serpent Queen by blood but sadly that's not how our gang works, the Serpent Queen is whoever the King picks and that's Betty." I smiled softly whilst a tinge of sadness washed over me, it's rough seeing my best friends be kicked out of their family but Betty was also my family.

"It's okay Dani really, I've got my own gang now which you'll always be welcome at." Toni winked at me as she headed towards the question she hasn't stopped asking me since the gang was formed, she wanted me to join.

"As much as I love you T I can't leave the Serpents. I literally live with FP and Jughead, Sweet Pea is a Serpent and little Charlie has become an honorary one. You know I'll always love you though right?" 

Toni hugged me tight from the side as I heard her soft laughter in my ear.

"Of course I do beautiful girl." 

"Good because that'll make you being my maid of honour a lot easier." I slightly looked to my right to see whether or not Toni had picked up on what I was saying, a few moments later she reacted.

"Wait seriously?! For real?!" She squealed with happiness as I nodded my head before she grabbed my hands and started jumping up and down making my smile grow a million times more.

"I wouldn't want anyone else standing by my side T. Without you I wouldn't even have this crazy life with Sweet Pea. I owe it all to you and I want you to be right by my side." Toni started to tear up slightly before she hugged me tight once more.

"Well as your maid of honour I demand that you start trying on some wedding dresses young lady!" With that Toni started grabbing ahold of any dress she deemed semi-decent and rushing them out the back to the giant change room.

We had booked out the entire shop so in the next hour it had become our domain, I had tried on a total of twelve dresses and although they were all beautiful they weren't what I was looking for. I had three dresses left to try on for the session before my eyes saw the soft yet shimmering fabric, one which gave off a princess illusion.

"Can I see this one next please?" I motioned towards the young lady who ran the shop as she ushered over and pulled the dress off of the rail allowing me to see it in all of it's glory.

The dress was quite simple with a white floor-length princess skirt that was slightly sheer, the material sparkled in certain lightings but wasn't too extreme. The top half of the dress had a beautiful jewelled pattern to it with a low V-neck as well as low cuts under my arms. The straps were thin and didn't take any attention away from the dress.

I struggled to take my eyes off of it as I tried it on with the help of the shop owner. This dress felt perfect, it wasn't too princess like however it was young, elegant and simple. 

"This is the one." I breathed out softly as I stood and admired myself in the mirror. My soft brown hair flowed down my back however it managed to compliment the dress beautifully. Taking a deep breath I stepped out from behind the curtain to show Toni.

"Ho-ly shit. That's... omg... D, you look stunning. I'm in awe right now that dress was made for you." Toni started tearing up for what felt like the tenth time in this trip however this time she couldn't stop it. I stood off the pedestal carefully and walked over to her bringing her in for a massive hug.

"I'm guessing that's the tick of approval from you then T?" I smiled as I felt tears trickle down my cheeks. Pulling back slightly I stared into Toni's glossy eyes making me laugh slightly as I wiped away her tears. Toni didn't cry but when she did she managed to be a beautiful crier.

"That's a 100% tick of approval from me Dani. Gosh if I'm a sobbing wreck now can you imagine what Sweet Pea is going to look like on the day? If he doesn't hysterically cry at least once I will demand a refund for my attendance." I shook my head laughing as I turned back around to face the mirror and admire the dress once more. It truly was perfect.

Looking over at the owner of the store I nodded my head towards this dress indicating I would like to purchase this one only making her smile.

"That dress fits you perfectly, it truly was made for you." I smiled at the kind lady as she helped me out of the dress before returning to the counter to sort out my payment details. I never thought I'd get this emotional over wedding dress shopping however I now understood why the dress was such a big deal to a bride. 

I threw on my regular pair of skinny jeans and put my leather jacket over the top of my black bralette before heading to the counter to pay.

"T what are you doing?" I asked as she handed her credit card over to the cashier.

"Consider it a gift from your maid of honour and her insanely rich girlfriend. We want your wedding to be perfect Dani and we know how much you're saving for a house so this is on us." Tears spilled out of my eyes once more as I pulled her in for a giant hug. I couldn't believe I'd gotten this lucky in the best friend department.

"I don't know how I can ever repay you for this." 

"Name your next child after me." Toni winked making me laugh once more as the owner handed us the large case that held my wedding dress inside. "Also this dress is staying at ours until the wedding, there's no way we're risking Sweet Pea seeing it before the big day." 

Smiling at the memory of Cheryl burning down her family home I replied with

"Okay but promise me you'll move it if Cheryl decides to burn down another house please?" 

Toni shook her head at my joke whilst laughing as we hopped into her car.

"I promise and trust me I told her she wasn't allowed to burn down a house until after your wedding." Toni replied before she winked at me and started the car to head back home.

"That sounds perfect to me."