Chapter Forty.

"It's been quiet for an hour now, I think they've finally gone to sleep or whatever it is these monsters do at night." Sweet Pea spoke as he looked between me and the trailer park.

"It's too simple." I sighed as I tried to investigate further. I had a feeling that it was a trap but my motherly instincts were replacing my common sense. "Let's go." 

I nodded to the other Serpents to go, sending a soft almost sad smile to FP and Sweet Pea as I snuck around the block of cement they had put up to stop us from attacking with our vehicles. I'll admit it's a smart plan coming from their tiny minds. 

The area was silent as I tip-toed between the concrete block and a trailer. I used every ounce of strength in my body to walk as silently as possible, I knew if I made one wrong move I would be dead. 

I waved my arm slightly to signal to the others it was safe to join me, as they begun to move giant lights beamed down on them and gunshots were heard. 

We had been ambushed.

I yelled for everyone to either run to me or run out of here, I didn't care that they would be abandoning the mission it meant they would be safe and alive. 

"We have to get out of here." FP spoke up as he crouched down next to me attempting to avoid the gun fire.

"You guys go. I'm not leaving here without my daughter." I looked between Sweet Pea to see the exact same look on his face that I had: a mix of determination and pain. "I've already lost my daughter once, I died and thought I would never see her face again but I came back for her. I'm not leaving here without her. However you all need to get to safety, I don't want anything to happen to you so get back to Tent-City and hopefully we'll see you there by morning." 

"I'm not leaving here without you or our daughter." Sweet Pea reached out to pick up my hand as he kissed it softly sending me a soft smile in an attempt to reassure me that it would all be okay.

"I'm not letting you head into battle by yourself. This is more than just your daughter, this is war. This battle has been building up for the last decade and there's no way I'm going to leave the two of you to fight it alone. We'll stay." FP looked around at the remainder of the Southside Serpents who all nodded in agreement.

"That's my goddaughter in there, we're going to get her back." Toni smiled as she reached her hand into the middle of the circle we had formed. "Together." 

Everyone slowly placed their hands in before we looked around at each other. We were just teenagers but we were also gang-members and we would be there for each other until the end.

"Together." 

I let out a sigh of relief in a way knowing I wouldn't have to fight this war alone. Charlie had a strong relentless family who would fight for her until the end. 

"Oh Danica." I heard my name come out of the monsters neck making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. "Where are you?" 

I swallowed hard as Malachi walked out onto the courtyard of the trailer park in search of me, behind him were my parents who held the same sick smirk on their face.

I nodded between everyone before standing up and walking out onto the courtyard to face him. 

"Where's my daughter Malachi?" I walked closer to him until I was face to face, allowing everyone else the time to go through with the plan. 

"Oh you mean OUR daughter?" Malachi smirked at me as his hand caressed my cheek, it took every ounce of willpower to not have me spit in his face but I knew that would only anger him.

"Malachi I lost our daughter, I didn't even know I was pregnant and it was a pure accident." I saw that I had gained his full attention so I continued on. "You know I actually wanted to have your child right? I always wanted to be a mother and when I met you I thought that maybe we could start that family together, you were charming, smart and good-looking. Then I went and screwed it up by sleeping with you instead of going out with you on a date. I knew after that night I had ruined anything we could have had. When they told me I had had a miscarriage I was completely broken, I didn't know what to feel or how to handle it because not only did I lose our child but I lost you." 

I saw tears welling in Malachi's eyes and I knew my lies were reaching him, I looked behind him slightly to see that my parents and now Penny Peabody were fully engaged in the story too. This was the perfect time for my Serpents to sneak past them into their trailer where we knew our daughter was. Our plan was working.

"I didn't know how to contact you Malachi, I didn't have your number let alone your last name so I couldn't exactly just ring you up and tell you the news. Hell I didn't even think you would remember me, we were both pretty drunk that night. I wanted to make things right but I didn't know how." I sighed as I forced tears to stream out of my eyes. I needed to make this believable. 

"Danica... I always wanted more with you. I knew who you were and I knew what my mission was from your parents but I always wanted to be with you instead of break you. I was furious when I found out you had lost our baby but it wasn't at you: I was angry at myself for leaving you." I was caught off guard by Malachi's words, he was being kind and sincere, this was the act that got me to sleep with him in the first place. 

His hand reached my cheek again, forcing me to look into his eyes as he continued speaking again. 

"That was until I saw you with that asshole Sweet Pea. You moved on as if our child meant nothing. You made your own family with HIM." Malachi's hand gestured towards the trailer where my people were as I heard gunshots going off. I screamed trying to reach the van but Malachi held a tight grip on me. "Now you get to stand here and watch me destroy your family until you have nothing." 

Real tears started falling down my cheeks as I listened to each and every gun shot, I was praying they were fighting back but I didn't know whether they were prepared for this level of an ambush. It's stupid I know but the severity of the war only just hit me.

"Let me go right now Malachi!" I spat at him as he spun me around to come face to face with him again.

"Oh sweetie that's one thing I'll never do again." I squirmed as I realised what he meant, this was his plan. My daughter was just the bait to get me here. He wanted me with him forever, even if that meant the destruction of those around him.