Chapter Ten.

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat as Fangs was brought into the debate, Hermione claiming he was Midge Klump's killer when we all knew that wasn't true. At this rate it wouldn't surprise me if Hermione had ordered a hit on Midge just too make us Serpents feel bad.

"Deep breaths baby, we're going too free him it's okay." Sweet Pea was holding it together too well that it was beginning too scare me. Fangs is his best friend except he's sitting next too me calm and collected as one of the most infamous North-Siders stood there and trashed him. I wondered what he was planning too be this calm but whatever it was I would just find out later on tonight.

I took some deep breaths as my grip tightened on Sweet Pea's hand, he kissed me on the cheek making me smile slightly before I turned my full attention too Hermione Lodge.

"Are you aware of a group called the Dark Circle?" Hermione asked Fred, you could tell it threw him completely off guard and at this rate I was ready too rip into Hermione myself.

"No I am not." Fred had replied, he sounded defeated as Hermione stood there calling the group a dangerous radical circle, even though her husband was the one who pushed Archie too start the group in the first place.

"This has got too stop." I mumbled under my breath as I dug my fingers into my palms too stop me from jumping up on stage and taking Hermione out.

"Babe just breathe, you can't do anything radical otherwise you might harm our baby" Sweet Pea whispered too me before turning my face too his and kissing me on the lips as a means too fully distract me from the monster on stage and I can assure you it was working beautifully until Veronica's scream pulled us apart.

"OH MY GOD... IT'S THE BLACK HOOD!" I looked at Sweet Pea in panic before turning around and seeing the hooded figure standing on the next level pointing his gun at Fred Andrews.

Archie jumped straight in front of his father as the shots fired, not one, not two but multiple. This attack wasn't about hitting anyone in particular it was about terrorising Riverdale citizens. 

Sweet Pea's hand grabbed mine as he tried too pull me towards the side exit, we were running as fast as we could in the chaos only to realise the side door was locked. I couldn't stop the panic as we tried too run to the next one and that was locked too. 

"I'm going too get you out of here Dani I promise you." Sweet Pea yelled as the chaos of everyone's screams ran through my ears. I couldn't focus on any one thing as much as I tried too, all I was worried about was getting Sweet Pea out of there alive and making sure my friends were safe in the process.

Just when I thought the terror was over I heard one last gun shot, I wondered who it had hit as I heard a scream and a sudden jolt in my shoulder. I saw Sweet Pea stop in his tracks as he turned around too face me, his face was white, his eyes were wide and panicked as he pulled me towards him. That's when I felt it, the blood trickling down my arm, the pain was like something I had never felt before. I couldn't describe it if I tried too but all I knew was that it wasn't good.

"Dani!" I heard Reggie's voice get closer before I felt another set of arms on me, I kept drifting in and out of consciousness but I was pretty sure the gun shots had stopped, let's hope they caught the bastard.

"Sweet Pea... the b-baby..." I breathed out before I drifted completely out of alertness. I knew that that was exactly what you shouldn't do when you had sustained a life threatening injury but the pain was excruciating there was no way I could keep my eyes open any longer.

---

"Baby please come back too me. I'm sorry if I didn't treat you like the queen you are every second of every day but I need you, I need you both." Sweet Pea's voice ran through my head as I tried desperately too open my eyes only too fall back unconscious once more.

---

"Hey Dan..." Reggie's voice was the next I heard, I wondered what he was doing here. "I know if you could see me hear right now you would probably punch me straight in the face and I know I deserve it but I just need you to know I'm sorry... I'm so sorry for how things went down between the both of us. I'm sorry for disrespecting you and I'm sorry for the things I said about the Serpents and your new boyfriend. You deserved too be treated like an angel because frankly you were always my angel. I know Sweet Pea... that is his name right? Either way I know he treats you that way now and I'm happy for you, just please come back too him... too us"

---

"Hey babe" Toni's voice echoed through my head as though it was a dream. "I don't exactly know what too say but Sweet Pea has just left for the first time to find a way too get Fangs out of jail with Jughead, he wasn't planning on leaving you at all but frankly he smelt disgusting and really needed to shower." I smiled at the thought of Sweet Pea refusing too leave my side, at least I tried too anyway. "Any ways he's desperate for you too come back, probably more than the rest of us. No offense D, I love you but he's crazy about you and with you gone he's just straight up crazy so please hurry back and save his insane ass." 

---

Beeping, the sound of beeping was all I heard. 

Was this another dream-like state or was I finally awake?

I tried by moving my fingers, surely that would be easy right? Wrong. I managed too move a single finger and I was already exhausted and felt the need too take another nap but I knew I needed to wake myself up and find my way back too Sweet Pea. I needed to know if our baby was okay, hell I needed too know he was okay.

"Dani? Princess? Baby?" Sweet Pea's voice rung through my ears, he sounded broken and exhausted which broke my heart completely. I tried once again too move my finger, this time I managed too move my hand a little bit more before I felt his familiar touch grab onto my hand as if it was a life-raft.

"Babe come on come back too me." Sweet Pea coaxed me into moving again as I tried too open my eyes this time, pure exhaustion was filling my entire body but there was no way I was going another second without seeing my hero.

Putting every ounce of energy into one final push I had managed too open my eyes, the light was bright and everything was blurry but I could make out Sweet Pea's figure standing above me, I must admit he sort of resembled Slender-Man a bit. 

"NURSE!" I heard his voice scream for help as I tried too open my eyes once more, this time letting them adjust too the light but damn was it taking long or what?

"S-Sweets?" I spoke up, my voice was hoarse and rough but as my vision became clearer I saw the smile on my boy's face larger than ever before.

"Dani? You've come back too me! I love you so much. I seriously love you. I thought we were going to lose you. I mean it's only been two days but I really thought we would lose you and our baby but you came back too me. My beautiful Danica came back too me." I smiled slightly at his rambling before speaking up once again, just as the nurse walked into the room.

"I love you too Sweet Pea. I would never leave you or our child, I promise." His lips touched mine softly before he pulled away and squeezed my hand making me smile as he poked his tongue out at me whilst the nurse's did the mandatory tests.

Everything came back clear but I was ordered too stay in hospital for the next two days to fully recover and so they can begin therapy on my shoulder, luckily for me there were no bullet fragments left in me so I could start therapy as soon as I was ready for it. I didn't care about the bullet fragment or my shoulder all I wanted to know about was our baby.

"What about our baby? Are they okay?" I asked as I began worrying about our small bean growing inside of me.

"Your baby is doing wonderfully Miss Eden, they sustained zero of the impact and are developing too plan." The nurse smiled as she saw the looks on both Sweet Pea's and I's faces.

"Our baby's okay Sweets. They're okay." I kissed him softly as I smiled, resting my hand on my stomach and smiling about the thought of our little fighter. 

Nothing could disturb our moment of peace and pure happiness but it sure wouldn't last for long. Within the next twelve hours hell would strike Riverdale and the aftermath would almost destroy our Serpents.