Chapter Forty-One.

The gunshots slowly drowned out, either that or my ears had begun to adjust to the loud noise. It had been twenty minutes and I still hadn't managed to escape from Malachi's grasp, I didn't know who, if anyone, was still alive in that trailer but damn I hoped some miracle had occurred and they had actually been fighting this whole time.

Malachi's smirk returned to his face as he heard the last of the gunshots. 

"Now Danica, you're all mine. Nobody can step in the way of us again." He whispered in my ear sending shivers down my entire body. I had to get out of here. I wiggled around again trying to get out of not only his grasp but the other two Ghoulies who were now holding onto me.

I heard another commotion going on but this time it came from behind me, this was my window to escape. I managed to kick my foot up and grab the knife that was in my boot with my mouth. I swung around releasing one of my arms from a distracted Ghoulie, now they were all alarmed and pulling out weapons of their own but I managed to stab one of them in the chest before he could fire his own gun. I grabbed the deceased Ghoulie's gun from him and used it to shoot the other Ghoulie who had been holding me before pointing it at Malachi.

"Oh sweetie, you don't want to do that." He smirked at me as he held the barrel of the gun. 

"Are you sure about that? Because I've never wanted to do something more." I placed my finger on the trigger ready to pull it. "Where the hell is my daughter." 

Malachi chuckled at the gun pointed at his chest. 

"You're never going to get her back. Kill me if you want but then I can guarantee you that you won't ever see her again. You'll never have your perfect little family that you always dreamed of." I saw his eyes flicker to behind me, he was stalling. 

I turned around quickly and shot the Ghoulie who held a gun to my head before turning back to Malachi.

"We could do this all day Malachi. I'm not bothered." 

His smirk faltered slightly as I aimed the gun at him again, his defences were slowly falling. He didn't speak as a baby's cry ran through my ears. It was Charlie. I wanted to run to her but I knew that whoever had her would kill me the second I dropped the gun from Malachi. 

Instead I walked around the back of Malachi, holding onto him and keeping my gun pressed to the back of his chest as I walked closer to my parents who were holding Charlie.

"Hand me my daughter and I'll give you Malachi." I saw their smirks as they stared between Malachi and their granddaughter. 

"Nah. We'd rather our little devil here." I knew that wasn't apart of the original plan because I felt Malachi stiffen against the gun, they were betraying their own leader for my child.

"You what?" I heard Malachi spit at them before they chuckled again.

"You didn't really think that we would choose you over our own blood did you?" My father spoke to him in a completely degrading manner.

"Yes because you did it before." Malachi yelled at them as he gestured to me making me laugh slightly at their bickering. 

I rolled my eyes as the three of them went backwards and forwards in their own little argument. I wondered if this was ever going to end but I felt my heart expand a million times more when I saw a bloodied Sweet Pea step out of the trailer alongside Fangs, Toni, Cheryl and FP. They were all covered in blood, limping or gripping onto a certain body part that I knew had been shot at but my family were alive and well, enough so anyway.

FP nodded towards my parents as they walked up behind them without causing a commotion. Sweet Pea held a gun in one hand and FP held the other. They must have taken them from the Ghoulies inside the trailer. Cheryl and Toni stood to the side on guard in case anyone else came their way. Fangs stood in the middle of FP and Sweet Pea, he was armed with his pocket knife. Once they were in position I turned back to the bickering three.

"Look as great as it's been watching you three argue with each other, really it's been a pleasure. I have places to be and people to see. Can we wrap this whole thing up now?" I spoke up gesturing between the three of them.

"Oh welcome back into the conversation dearest daughter." My mother spoke making me laugh slightly.

"I've never been your daughter, you gave up that right long ago. All you are to me is a crazy, lying bitch who would do anything to get her way, except you're also terrible at executing plans." As I said that I nodded towards the boys who pointed their guns against the backs of my parents.

"Hand her over to us. Now." FP spoke as my parents turned around slightly to see who it was.

 "Damn these people just never know how to die do they?" My father spoke looking at his deranged wife next to him who was holding my daughter.

"I could say the same thing about you." I shot Malachi in the leg so he wouldn't go anywhere before pointing my gun at my own parents. "Give me my damn child and maybe I'll let you live, how does that sound?" 

I didn't dare look up at Sweet Pea, I knew the look in his eyes would break my heart at what I just did.

"You bitch! You shot me!" Malachi yelled out in pain as he clutched onto his leg.

"I'll happily do it again if you don't shut the hell up too." I sighed before facing my parents again, the hold on my gun not faltering in the slightest. I nodded to Fangs who stepped onto my side of our parents.

"Well hello there son." My mother greeted Fangs as if he didn't abandon him.

"I'm not your son. Dani's my sister but we were that long before we discovered your lies. Hand me over my niece right now." Fangs spat back at the both of them as he stepped closer to him. 

"You'll never get her from us." Fangs turned to me as I nodded slightly. He stepped forward and grabbed ahold of Charlie at the same time I shot both my mother and my father causing them to fall to the ground. Fangs held a tight grip on Charlie as he hushed her into silence before handing her to me.

"Can we go home now?" I questioned FP as I looked down at the death and destruction around all of us. Sweet Pea walked over and held both Charlie and I in his arms as he kissed me on the forehead.

"Hospital. Then home. I'll call the ambulance now." He walked off as I looked down at my mother and father, I had shot them in the shoulder so I wasn't intentionally killing them but if they did bleed out I wouldn't be too bothered. 

"We're safe." Sweet Pea whispered to me as he leant down and kissed me on the lips softly, something I never thought I'd be able to do again. 

"We're together." I whispered back to him as I kissed Charlie on the head and leant into Sweet Pea's side as we stared at our surroundings. Things were set on fire from the Ghoulies that fled, blood was splattered on the walls and doors of the trailers. Malachi now sat against one of the trailers with handcuffs on him alongside my mother and father.

Toni sat on the steps of a trailer as she nursed the gunshot on her leg. Cheryl was beside her holding pressure to her girlfriend's wounds. FP was on the phone calling for backup, he had a few scratches on his face and a cut on his leg but nothing too major. Fangs was standing with Cheryl and Toni holding tight onto his arm as he stopped the blood from seeping out, he had been grazed by one of the bullets inside the trailer.

"Are you injured?" I turned to face Sweet Pea as I examined his body for any wounds.

"Only one." Sweet Pea smiled slightly at me as he lifted his shirt up to reveal a gun shot through his right collarbone. "I'll be okay princess, it's not the first time I've been shot." 

Worry washed over me but Sweet Pea kissed my lips to distract me. 

"I'm here with my family. One bullet wound isn't going to distract me from this moment. We won the war princess." I smiled into his chest as I held onto Charlie securely. For the first time in forever I felt safe. As safe as you can feel living in Riverdale anyway.