Chapter Seven.

Seven weeks. I was now seven weeks along in this pregnancy and I was starting to feel the toll of it. Sweet Pea and I had decided to go about life as normal until the nine/ten week mark where we knew everything was all clear and safe. Both of us had been attending Riverdale high and I'd watched as Toni developed a crush on the school queen bee, Cheryl Blossom, or as she likes to refer to herself, Cheryl Bombshell. It physically hurt me as I thought I was losing her but at the same time I still didn't know how to tell someone that I was expecting a baby with someone who's like a brother to her. 

I was currently on my way through to my last class of the day: American history, when I ran into someone. Our bodies collided with such a force that I almost fell straight on the ground. 

"Woah woah are you okay?!" I heard a familiar voice ring through my ears before I looked up to meet a pair of eyes staring straight at me.

"Yeah I'm fine Reggie." I replied back as I went to pull my jacket around my body before realising that the school's principal had banned our jackets because of this boy right here. "I've got to get to class." I brushed past him before his hand gripped my wrist making me stop with a halt.

"Are we seriously going to act like we don't know each other? We dated for over a year and it's not as if everyone else doesn't already know. What, are you scared your rebound will see us talking?" Reggie's smirk rose on his face as he tried to pull me close and kiss me before I slapped him across the face.

"No Reggie I'm not worried about Sweet Pea but sorry you can't blame me that I want nothing to do with you. You broke my heart by sleeping with some skank from this exact school, I'm pretty damn sure it was in this exact school too wasn't it?" His silence was all the answer I needed before I continued my rant "You treated me like shit the moment you found out I was a Serpent, which to be honest I'm surprised your small brain didn't figure out sooner, after all the tattoo is on my fucking hand Reginald. Oh and how can we forget that you literally got one of my guys suspended and got your stupid principal to ban our jackets and hide our tattoos. Is it because you were jealous Reginald? What you couldn't handle seeing me happy with the ones who I actually care about?" A smirk was evident on my face as I ripped my wrist out of his grip and walked straight into the bathroom before he could say another word. 

I leant against the sink catching my breath as I felt my stomach churn, before I could think anymore about it I pushed open one of the cubicle doors and begun throwing up. I was never able to throw up prior to my pregnancy so I didn't exactly handle it very well on the occasions that I have during the last seven weeks. After what felt like a lifetime I had come to the conclusion I didn't have anything left in my stomach to empty as I slouched down next to the toilet, I sighed at the taste of vomit in my mouth and at the overwhelming exhaustion I was currently feeling before pulling out my phone and letting Sweet Pea know I was heading home. 

"Ew what are you doing on our floors serpent?" A high pitched voice ran through my ears that made me jump, looking up I was met with the eyes of Cheryl Blossom.

Shaking my head at her comment I picked myself up off the ground, flushing the toilet and heading to the sink to wash my hands and flatten my hair.

"Wait are you alright?" Concern brushed through Cheryl's voice as she put two and two together, figuring out that I had just been throwing up.

"Food poisoning." I gave her a small sweet smile and before she could say anything else I picked up my bag and headed out of the bathroom and straight out the front door of the school. I had planned to sneak out considering signing out or going to the nurse's meant they needed to call a parent to make sure it was okay, I would never understand these over-privileged schools but hey at least there was only a few months left until graduation. 

"Dani wait up!" Sweet Pea's voice ran through my ears as I made it to my car before turning around.

"Hey Sweets" I smiled weakly at him as he came running towards me.

"Dani are you okay?! What happened?!" Sweet Pea frantically tried to make sure I was okay as I laughed slightly.

"Sweets I'm all good I promise. Today was just a little overwhelming and I need to head home to sleep, that's all." I kissed him softly on the cheek as I got in my car.

"Okay well I'm coming with you." 

"Babe it's fine really all I'll be doing is sleeping." I insisted as I watched Sweet Pea hop on his motorbike that was parked next to my car.

"Good thing you're cute when you sleep, I'll see you at home." Without another word Sweet Pea sent a wink my way and headed off towards my house, a place where Sweet Pea has virtually moved into over the last month.

I wanted nothing more than to ask Sweet Pea to move into my house permanently but I was scared we were moving too fast, crazy I know considering we're having a baby together but I wanted him to know that I didn't just want him around because of the baby. The only problem there is that I have no clue how to express that to him, would he even want to live with me or would he be doing it out of pity or convenience? 

Before I could begin overthinking anything else I took off towards my home, I never really felt like that was home but lately it seems to be the perfect place to raise a baby with the love of my life. 

As I drove I couldn't help but think back to the confrontation I had with Reggie earlier that day. It seemed to have come from nowhere and yet I seemed to have expected it, a part of me wondered if he did still care but I knew it wasn't worth thinking about, what had happened with us was in the past and as far as I was concerned it was another life ago. 

Shaking my head clear of the thoughts of Reggie and I's past I pulled into the driveway and saw Sweet Pea's motorbike already on the lawn.  

"Took you long enough I was beginning to think you'd ditched me for a Northsider" Sweet Pea winked as he walked over and opened the door for me before kissing me passionately on the lips. 

I wrapped my arms around his neck as I leant into the kiss, silently thanking myself for chewing gum on the way home. I felt Sweet Pea bite down on my lip as his tongue begged for entrance, my initial instinct was to gasp but I knew that would only let him win so instead I slowly pulled away and looked at him in the eyes. Everything about him was filled with lust and passion as I smirked at him, pecking his lips before turning around to grab my bag from the car and walking to the door.

"Excuse me Dani, are you really going to leave me standing here like THIS?" Sweet Pea asked, the frustration was clear in his voice as I opened the front door before turning around and answering simply,

"Yup." 

"Dannniiiii!" Sweet Pea groaned behind me as I cracked up laughing and heading into the kitchen. I knew exactly what he wanted but I wanted food and that was currently my priority. 

"Yes Sweets?" I asked innocently as I walked over to the fridge to pull out the peanut butter and jam.

"Why do you have to hurt me like this?" He sighed as he handed me the bread before wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his head on my shoulder.

"Because I'm hungry." 

"So am I." 

"Okay but I'm hungry for food not for you." I replied as I squashed my sandwich together and headed into the living room.

"Ouch you know exactly how to hurt a man." Sweet Pea exaggerated as he rested his hand on his heart. 

"Man?" I sassed back at him as he sat on the lounge next to me.

"Damn Dani remind me why I love you." Sweet Pea laughed as he looked over and saw me stuffing my mouth with a PB&J sandwich.

"Because I'm only the best person around, plus I'm carrying your baby so you have no choice." I smiled at him in between my eating before another voice interrupted my next bite

"I'm sorry your what?!" Both Sweet Pea and I looked behind us to see Toni standing there with her mouth wide open in shock.

"This should be interesting..." I muttered to Sweets before looking back at Toni, let's see how this goes...