Chapter Thirty-Eight.

"Come on princess just push" Sweet Pea encouraged me for what felt like the millionth time.

"What do you think I've been doing for the last seven hours?!" I screamed at him as I pushed again, the pain was excruciating and at this stage all I wanted to do was give up. I felt my body slowing down as I tried to stay awake.

"One final push Miss Eden you're almost there." My midwife encouraged as I lay my head against the pillow, it felt like every ounce of energy that remained in my body was on it's last thread as I prepared to push one final time.

"You're extraordinary princess, I love you. You've got this." Sweet Pea kissed the top of my head despite the sweat dripping through my hair. He held onto my hand as tight as he possibly could before smiling down at me, I offered him one last soft smile before pushing every single bit of life I had left in me. All of a sudden I felt a sudden relief, I felt lighter, I felt like I was free. 

I struggled to keep my eyes open as I heard the sounds of our baby crying. I looked to the side to see Sweet Pea crying tears of happiness as he leant down and kissed me on the lips, I'd never seen a smile quite that big in my life. I mustered up all of the energy I had to hold our baby in my eyes, looking down I saw my entire life in this one precious baby.

"It's a girl Miss Eden." I held her as safe and secure as I could. I smiled down at her before breathing out one thing.

"Charlie." Before I could stop myself my arms drooped down, Charlie still resting in them. My eyes fluttered open and closed, this felt bigger than sleep, it felt almost eternal and I had no power to fight it.

"What's going on?!" I heard Sweet Pea's voice scream, noises were going off all around me however they were becoming softer and softer.

"She's losing too much blood. Sir you need to get out of here." There was a scurry of sounds all around me, fading into nothing.

"Dani! Dani hold on okay? I love you! Please hold on for me?" Sweet Pea's frantic voice along with the cries of my newborn baby were all I heard before the darkness fully swallowed me. I knew I needed to fight but I couldn't, my body had given up and it felt like my soul had too.

---

Cold. That's all I felt, cold. The usual warmth of my body was missing as I opened my eyes to see where I was. A bright light blinded me as I looked around at my surroundings, everything was just white. It was empty but it was white and insanely bright.

I sat up to find that I was sitting on the ground, I thought back to the last thing I remembered: Charlie.

"Charlie? Sweet Pea?" I spoke into the light. I needed to hold my baby, I needed to be in Sweet Pea's arms. Hell I needed to know they were okay.

"Danica? Is that you?" A familiar voice ran through my ears however it wasn't one I'd heard in years.

"Grandma?" I turned around, I wondered if I'd imagined her voice however I came face to face with her bright blue eyes and I couldn't help but start crying. "You're actually here?" 

Disbelief was clear in my voice as I stared into the eyes of my grandma for the first time in a decade.

"Of course I am darling. The real question is why are you here?" My grandma wrapped her arms around me and despite the fact she also felt cold she was homely.

"I... I don't know... I just remember holding Charlie in my arms and then I felt weak and blacked out... Now I'm here... Wait..." I looked around panicking at the realisation of where I was and what had happened to me.