Chapter Seventeen.

"It's what?" The voice of Fangs ran through my ears as I sat up in shock, both at the fact that Fangs was alive and he could quite possibly be my biological brother.

"F-Fangs?" I breathed out, I couldn't hide the shock in my face as I looked over to see him standing there holding onto his IV pole. 

"What's wrong? I mean besides the fact that there's a highly likely chance that you're my little sister, and by little I mean not so little considering there's less than a year between the two of us." Fangs laughed slightly to himself as he walked into my room. 

"You... You're... alive?" Sweet Pea's voice cracked as he stared at Fangs in disbelief, a few moments passed by of him just staring at Fangs before he dived out of the bed and rushed over to him, bringing him in for a hug that wasn't so gentle considering he had just been shot and apparently still alive.

"Um yeah? I was shot in the stomach but I pulled through, I'm a Serpent after all." Fangs smiled but hugged Sweet Pea anyway, the two of them standing in their brotherly embrace making me smile to myself slightly as I rested my hand on my stomach, biological brother or not Fangs has and always will be family.

"There's something I have to tell the both of you before we delve deeper into the fact the both of you could be siblings." Fangs walked over slowly to the side of the bed before sitting down gently, Sweet Pea jumped next to me and put his arm around my shoulder before speaking up again. "The Serpents are no more." 

"I'm sorry what?" I asked in shock, hoping it was some kind of sick joke to lighten the mood.

"Dude what are you talking about?" Fangs asked as he leant over wincing slightly at his healing bullet wound.

"You guys have been out for a couple of days, the night of the fire it burnt down half the trailer park, ours included as you already know princess" Sweet Pea commented making me smile softly at him knowing damn right that fire is why I'm in here "The Serpents wanted revenge so we went to the war with the Ghoulies. We were outnumbered more than we could have imagined. The Ghoulies were three times our size and fiercer than ever. Despite us wanting revenge for you, Fangs, and for you Dani, we weren't a match for them. In the end a handful of the Serpents joined the Ghoulies, some died and the rest fled. There's less than a quarter of us left and we're all hiding out at the White Wyrm, it's all anyone has left. The Ghoulies have taken over the Southside completely." 

A few tears fell down my cheeks as I thought about the fact that our home was destroyed. The place we grew up, the place we all used to play, the place we all became Serpents, just like that it's gone.

"How's FP? Toni? Jughead?" I asked as a means of breaking the silence in the room.

"Toni's been staying at Thistle-house with Cheryl. FP's spent majority of the time in hospital waiting for both you and Jughead to wake up." 

"Wait Jughead's in hospital too?" Fangs asked in shock as he shook his head slightly in disbelief.

"Yeah he tried to sacrifice himself as a way of stopping the inevitable war. Frankly I think it was a stupid move" I hit Sweet Pea lightly in the chest making him wince before he looked at me and shrugged his shoulders slightly. 

"What Jughead did was incredibly brave and selfless. He thought he was saving the Serpents by sacrificing himself." I defended Jughead before kissing Sweet Pea softly on the lips before looking over at Fangs again. "I seriously can't believe you're alive Fangs. FP got a call from the sheriff's station saying you were dead..." 

"The sheriff told you guys I was dead? Why would he do that?" Fangs asked as we all stayed silent, running through every possible reason.

"Wait wasn't the new sheriff brought in by the Lodge's? Could it be Hiram's orders?" Sweet Pea asked as he looked between both myself and Fangs.

"Honestly it wouldn't surprise me whatsoever. This is Hiram Lodge after all." I sighed defeated knowing damn well that none of us could do anything to stop the Lodges. The three of us spent the next couple of hours catching up and acting like teenagers, we spoke about our childhood's and tried to figure out whether or not it was possible that Fangs and I could be related, we even compared bullet wounds and tried to out-do each other in our injuries. It felt incredible to be sitting there with Fangs and Sweet Pea despite everything that had happened over the last couple of days and the fact we were sitting in the hospital with hourly check ups from the nurses and doctors. We were just us.