Chapter Thirty-Two

I fiddled with the top of my black strapless dress as I tried to walk without tripping on the bottoms of it. The dress was a plain black, slightly bodycon dress but even then it was too formal for my usual clothing. 

"Stop fidgeting you look gorgeous" Cheryl spoke as she finished fixing the curls in my hair.

"You know I'm not used to wearing anything formal like this, it's not because I don't enjoy it honestly I do it's just I can't afford it and you are both spoiling me so much recently it's melting my heart. Thank you so much." I shed a tear as I turned around in the chair and hugged both Cheryl and Toni tightly.

"We want you to have anything you could ever wish for babe... which is why we think you should stay with us in Thistle-house for awhile?" Cheryl offered making me pull away in shock.

"Wait as in Sweet Pea and I? Stay in your mansion of a house? Are you sure? I don't want to impose on either of you and Nana Blossom." I sort of freaked out at the suggestion of living in a house as posh as the Blossoms household however I knew it was the most ideal situation, especially as I neared my due date.

"Of course, surprisingly enough I think the house actually needs some male presence, We love being in a house full of women but I feel like it's the best thing for all of us right now if you move in. Plus that way it'll be easier for us to update your wardrobe." Cheryl joked as she motioned towards my current small pile of clothing that was getting smaller and smaller every day.

"Okay, I mean sure I guess. I'll have to talk to Sweet Pea about it but I don't think it'll be an issue. Fangs has moved back in with his adoptive mother so it's not like he's leaving him behind at all." I joked about the bromance that seemed to have emerged before hugging Cheryl tightly again, thanking her every second. 

"No need to thank us baby girl, you can do that by moving in tomorrow. I would say tonight but we are about to leave for the grand opening of La Bonne Nuit after all." Toni stood up as she extended her arm out to both Cheryl and I. Sweet Pea insisted on meeting us at Veronica's brand new speak-easy as he had managed to score a security job for the night there alongside Fangs.

"You two really do look like such a power couple." I admired both Cheryl and Toni, both of them as stunning as each other.

"Don't stress it Dani, as soon as you see your man I'm sure you two will be the center of attention." Cheryl winked as she admired her new purchase that clung to my body. 

---

"Wow. Welcome ladies. Right this way." Reggie greeted as he walked towards the three of us, openly checking us out as we walked through the doors of Pop's arm-in-arm. Sweet Pea was still nowhere to be seen but at this stage I didn't care too much as I got to spend time with my girls.

Reggie led us towards the door of La Bonne Nuit, we bypassed the line to get in making me feel slightly bad before I reminded myself not only was I a friend of Veronica but I was also her employee, it was only fair.

 Walking down the stairs to the secret speak-easy I admired the style, it was old-fashioned but elegantly beautiful. The walls were draped with cream coloured curtains, the lighting behind them made them stand out even more. There was a red carpet which we were currently strutting, yes strutting, down. The three of us were dressed the best we possibly could but dressed to make a statement at that. The more time I spent with Cheryl and Toni the more confidence I found in myself, the way I walked, the way I talked, the way I presented myself, everything seemed to be more confident and I loved every second of it.

As we reached the bottom of the stairs we saw how busy the place was, people from both the North and the South-side littered the room, everyone mingling with each other, no serpents jackets were seen as the both sides interacted with each other. It almost made me forget that we were in the middle of a war.