Chapter Six.

The ride to the doctors felt like the longest ride of my life, in reality it only took about twenty minutes but it always felt longer once you passed the tracks into the Northside. Unlike Sweet Pea I didn't have anything against the Northside, I quite admired it's traditional housing if I'm honest with myself but I despised how it's residents thought they were better than us with their picket white fences and all-American dream families. 

I hated to admit it but I had always wished to live in one of those large houses with a beautiful family of my own one day, that day being in around ten years time of course when I'd actually managed to round up some money and gotten access to my trust fund my parents had built up for me before their untimely departure out of the Southside.

"Dani we're here" I heard Sweet Pea's voice bring me out of my thoughts as I looked over at him and smiled. To everyone else he may be this tough brutal guy but to me he really was the sweetest guy I have ever known.

"I guess we should do this then hey?" I asked cautiously, the nerves clear in my voice.

"It's now or never. I'd rather know what's wrong with you so we can fix it then have you being seriously unwell. You've been putting this off for four almost five weeks now Dani it's been long enough." A small smile appeared at the corners of his mouth as he leant down and kissed me softly on the lips, extending his hand out to help me out of the car after pulling away. 

"I know I know I've just been stressing about the whole thing, what if they tell me I'm seriously ill or that I have two days to live? What if they tell me I have some incurable disease that was passed on through the generations that nobody has been able to figure out a cure too? Oh gosh what if it turns out that I'm a vampire or a supernatural being who is actually already medically dead? Oh no I-" My rambling was cut off by Sweet Pea kissing me passionately on the lips, he pulled me close to him as his arms wrapped around my waist underneath my Serpent jacket, his touch sending tingles and shivers throughout my entire being. 

Before it could be escalated any further he pulled away smiling at me, pecking me once more on the lips before speaking.

"I thought that would get you to shut up. For real though I don't care what they say in there, I don't care if it turns out that you are actually possessed by a demon or have some insane illness or condition because I love YOU Danica. I will always love you and nothing, no illness, no supernatural case, nothing is going to change that. You are the love of my life and I knew that from the day we met I was just too scared to make a move because I thought you'd think I saw you as just another girl when that's completely wrong. I see you as the only light on the southside or in this cold war between the northside. I see you as some angel that was sent down to save me when I didn't think I needed a soul. I see you as who you truly are and I don't care what the doctor says because I will be there with you every step of the way." 

My eyes begun to water as I looked up at Sweet Pea. I knew there was something different about him from the day we met but I never thought it would be this type of different, this type of love.

"Sweets you are honestly a blessing in disguise. You make me smile when nobody else can. You make me cry and laugh. You make me see the good in people and gosh I can't even begin to express how much I love you because if I did we'd be here for centuries. Just know that I love you and only you and nothing on this earth or the next will change that. You're my ride or die." I kissed him on the cheek before holding onto his hand and pulling him towards the doctors office.

"Ride or die baby." Sweet Pea whispered as he held my hand tightly in his, both of us walking towards the doctor's office to figure out what exactly was wrong with me. All of my worries and fears went out the window as he opened the door for me because I knew that no matter what it was we would get through it together.