Chapter Thirty-Six.

"You're telling me you're going to try and break Archie out of prison?" I questioned as I sat back in the chair, pure shock written on my face.

"Not try. We're going to succeed." Veronica spoke as if this wasn't completely against the law.

"You're messing with me right? I want Archie out as much as anyone else here but breaking the kid out of prison? He's only got a year and a half left on his sentence and then he's out. You think breaking him out of that place is going to help him? It's a criminal offense V. I know he's innocent but he pleaded guilty, there's no changing that."

"That place is killing him. The Warden has some secret fight club where they choose certain inmates and literally make them fight with no professional experience and no proper training. Elio snuck me into the last one, it's horrendous. My father is involved as well which can only mean this won't end good for Archie." Veronica pleaded with me as she saw the look of shock and hurt cross my face.

"Please Dani, we need you to help us out. We're not asking you to risk yours or your babies life but we are asking you to be the getaway driver. Please?" Veronica's hand rested on my own as I sighed and slowly caved in.

"Okay V, you have to promise me that nobody gets hurt though okay? I can't handle that right now." 

Veronica nodded her head before smiling softly at me. She knew it was dangerous but she couldn't spend another day knowing Archie was in some illegal fight club, the guards and the warden threatening his life at every turn.

---

"I still can't believe we agreed to do this. For real though this is so illegal." I sighed as I leant back in the drivers seat of Reggie's car.

"As much as this is illegal it's for Archie, you and I both know you'd do anything for that boy." Kevin smiled as he looked around us at the same time. We were positioned at the edge of the forest waiting for the signal for Kevin to jump out and head to the drains.

"That is very true. That boy is like a brother to me after all." I smiled thinking about our childhood we spent together before Kevin received the signal.

"I'll see you on the other side Eden." Kevin smirked before hopping out of the car.

"Good luck Keller." 

I watched Kevin run towards the drain grates before I looked around to make sure nobody had seen the car and I thought about how much better this would be if Sweet Pea had agreed to come with me. Instead he, Jughead, Fangs, Cheryl and Toni stayed at Tent-City to continue playing G&G. I couldn't understand the infatuation everyone had with that game. Nothing about it intrigued me whatsoever and yet the young Serpents were completely obsessed with it. 

I waited another thirty minutes to see any sign of life and commotion when I saw a motorbike fly by, followed quickly by dozens more. I knew this was the moment we had been waiting for. I started the car engine as soon as I saw Reggie and Josie come towards me. Reggie got in the front seat of his own car before looking at me with a smirk on his face.

"Don't hurt my baby." He motioned towards the car making me smile softly.

"I never have before." I smiled back at him before the both of us started laughing. I saw Josie roll her eyes as she sat in the back seat before she smiled softly a moment or two later. 

"They're here!" Josie interrupted Reggie and I's small talk as soon as she saw Veronica helping Archie to the car. Reggie dived out and ran straight to their side as he tried helping Archie into the car, all of us ducking as soon as we heard sirens and a police car drive past.