Chapter Twenty-Nine.

"Who texted you earlier babe?" Sweet Pea asked as we sat down for our only class together, English.

"What are you talking about?" I asked trying to play it off however my hand immediately started fiddling with my engagement ring, one of the many things I did as a way to settle my anxiety.

"You know you're a terrible liar right?" Sweets voice was light as he chuckled softly, nodding to my hands before continuing "I saw your posture change completely when you received a text before. I didn't mention anything then because it looked serious. Who was it?" 

I sighed as I pulled out my phone and gave it to him, there was no point hiding it at this stage because I knew he would find out sooner or later.

"WHAT?!" Sweet Pea yelled in anger as he slammed his hands down on the table, clearly having read the texts.

"Here we go..." I spoke under my breath as I watched Sweet Pea storm out of the classroom door. Grabbing both of our bags I followed behind him, shaking my head at Fangs who had stood up to go after Sweets.

I walked down the hall and into the gym knowing he would want to be alone but still needed to blow off some steam. I stood against the doorframe as I watched him hit the punching bag as hard as he could, sending it across the room. If I didn't know Sweet Pea I would have turned and left by now, his temper was extreme but I knew he would never take it out on me or anyone he loved.

"This is ridiculous! Who do they think they are?!" Sweet Pea yelled in anger as he sat down on the edge of the bleachers. I stepped through the doors cautiously as I walked over to Sweet Pea and sat down next to him, resting my head on his shoulder to calm him down.

"Sweets... You need to take some deep breaths." I tried soothing him but it only made him madder.

"What good are deep breaths when the lives of my fiancé and child are at stake?! I can't believe we haven't just killed these bastards!" Sweet Pea stood up again and started taking his anger out on the punching bag again. 

I shook my head as I leant back on the bleachers trying to get comfortable knowing that he was going to be there awhile. I groaned in frustration as my back began aching again, trying once more to calm Sweet Pea down I had no luck. My hand reached my back pocket where my phone lay as I texted Fangs to come and supervise Sweet Pea so I could go home.

"Sweets I'm heading out. Fangs is on his way here but I can't be sitting on the bleachers trying to calm you down whilst my back is in agony." I picked up my bag and cautiously walked over to Sweet Pea.

"No it's fine I can come with you." Sweet Pea tried to protest but I refused by raising my hands slightly.

"You're enraged and you need to blow off some steam, I'm not having you driving whilst you're like this. I can get Jughead to give me a lift home or I'll just call FP. Ring me before you leave so I know that you're safe and actually calm okay?" I kissed him on the cheek gently, his skin was hot with rage as he tried to calm his breath to hide his anger from me. 

"Okay... I love you..." Sweet Pea spoke soft with a ragged voice and a soft smile.

"I love you too." I smiled at Fangs as he entered the gym and turned to walk out the door, hearing the faint sound of Sweet Pea punching the bag again. I shook my head as I headed towards the bathroom to cool down. 

Pushing the bathroom door open I checked the cubicles to make sure they were empty before I splashed my face with water trying to stop the tears from leaving my eyes. I sat down gently on the window sill as the tears poured out of my eyes. I tend to hold it together when Sweet Pea is angry because I would never show him how much his anger triggers memories of my parents. If I ever told him I know it would break him, he's the perfect guy for me but his anger does nothing but pain and hurt me.

"Are you okay?" I heard a soft voice come closer as I looked up and brushed the tears away from my eyes, not even giving the voice a second look.

"I'm fine." I replied simply, standing up and heading to the sink again to wash my face clear of the tears.

"You're clearly not. If you need anyone to talk too I'm here." The soft voice persisted as I turned around to face whoever was talking to me. My eyes locked onto those of a small petite girl. The girl's slightly orange hair touched her shoulders gently, her face was full of concern and genuine worry as she stepped closer to me. For a moment there I thought we could possibly be friends but then I realised who exactly I was.

"Who the hell are you?" I stepped back as I crossed my arms trying not to hit my bump in the process. I pulled on the sleeves of my leather jacket trying to bring attention to the gang symbol but the girl seemed unphased.

"My name's Evelyn Evernever, I'm a transfer here and I want to make sure you're okay." I turned around slowly to pick up my bag but also to show the embroided symbol of the Serpents in an attempt to scare her off.

"Yeah well that's great. Nice meeting you but never speak to me again thanks." I replied back rather snappy as I tried to push past her only for her to stand in front of me grabbing ahold of my arm.

"That's fine but I just want you to know that if you ever need someone to talk too the Farm is always here to listen." Without another word she let go of my arm gently and sent me a pleasant smile. For some reason I didn't feel on edge around the new girl, she had a calming prescence. 

Sighing I walked past her and straight out the front doors of Riverdale High, I had texted FP to come and get me as soon as I entered the bathroom and I was more than happy to see him standing there waiting for me.

"What happened Dani?" FP asked as I slumped into the car seat.

"Sweet Pea lost it because I got a text from either Malachi or my mother which threatened our babies safety." As soon as I spoke I realised what came out of my mouth and I sighed for what felt like the millionth time today as I awaited FP's response.

"Okay I would freak out usually but you look exhausted and I'm sure Sweet Pea has freaked out enough for the both of us." I smiled over at FP as he begun to drive. I was relieved beyond relief that he wasn't showing his anger to me because after Sweet Pea I really couldn't handle another outburst.

"Thanks FP. It actually means a lot to me. All I want to do right now is sleep, if you had an outburst I'd probably just jump out of this car." I joked however I knew there was some truth to it.

"For real though, how are you feeling about the text?" 

"Frankly I'm terrified. I know what the Ghoulies are capable of. I know what my parents are capable of. I understand that you guys are doing whatever you can to keep me and the baby safe however they still find a way to get to me. I'm terrified that if they succeed it could break Sweet Pea. Please just promise me no matter what that you'll look after him?" I asked FP as I looked down at the ring on my finger. 

"Don't talk like that Dani. You guys are going to be just fine and trust me you'll be there to look after Sweet Pea for a long time to come." FP playfully nudged me but I could tell he was in pain from realising I had just admitted to him that I didn't expect to be around at the end of this gang war.

"We can only hope..." I drifted off as we rode in silence for the rest of the drive back to tent-city. I planned to sleep before heading to work for the night shift at Pop's and right now all I knew was that my bed was calling for me.