Chapter Thirty-One.

I stood posing in the center of Tent-city with Sweet Pea as we participated in some form of a maternity shoot for Toni, one which she insisted was apart of her portfolio. Cheryl had bought me a beautiful white body-con dress that highlighted my bump but was also quite simple and stunning, she had straightened my hair and put on some light makeup, giving me a killer red lip to finish my outfit off, one which she had claimed would tie in our surroundings perfectly. Sweet Pea was currently standing behind me as his hands rested on my bump, he was dressed in his usual leather jacket and jeans, Toni wanting me to be the contrasting feature of the shoot given I was the one who was pregnant and meant to be the center of attention.

"Okay now how about the two of you turn and face one another? Sweet Pea rest your hands on Dani's waist gently and just stare into each other's eyes." Toni ordered making me laugh slightly as she went into full-photographer mood.

"You look gorgeous." Sweet Pea whispered as he softly rested his head against my forehead.

"I don't think we're meant to be talking but thank you." I smiled back as we both stared into each other's eyes, trying so hard not to laugh or make some silly face Sweet Pea leant down and kissed me softly on the lips. I heard Toni cheer and make some sort of exclamation about how that was the perfect shot before she let us be and finally called the shoot's ending a whole hour after it had begun.

"I love how she tried to insist that it was for some school project when you and I both know Toni has been wanting to do that shoot since we told her about the pregnancy." Sweet Pea laughed softly as he kissed me again.

"Yeah but I wasn't going to burst her bubble of illusion, plus I kind of enjoyed just being with you and being photographed. We don't have many photos together and a maternity shoot was something I always wanted to do except I know we could never afford it done professionally, who would have thought of using our best friend as the photographer hey?" I smiled softly at him as I thought back to the last hour and the peacefulness of it all.

"Don't tell anyone this but I quite liked it." Sweet Pea whispered in my ear making me laugh at him before he kissed me softly on the cheek and walked off to continue some football match he had started with Fangs earlier. 

I stepped into my tent and quickly grabbed my Serpents jacket off the bed, taking a moment to stare at the beautiful body-con dress I was wearing and actually admiring my bump for the first time in it's full glory. Smiling softly I put my jacket on and walked back out to where we were previously. I laughed to myself as I saw Cheryl had moved an armchair into prime photography positioning and was now being Toni's muse.

"Damn hun work it" I encouraged watching Cheryl pose as if she didn't have a care in the world. Positioning myself on the sofa with my feet up felt like the most relieving feeling after I had been made to wear white heels for the shoot that had just taken place. 

I sat and admired the scene between the two girls: Toni was taking photos of Cheryl in her bright red Serpents jacket as they laughed and smiled at one another, the love was clear between the two of them and it only made my heart grow fonder of them both as I thought back to everything they had been through to get to this stage.

"Serpettes." Veronica's voice interrupted their little moment, catching the attention of not only Cheryl and Toni but also myself. "Have either of you seen Jughead? I have a problem that has his name scribbled all over it." She asked as she looked around tent-city briefly.

"You mean true detective?" Cheryl asked instantly putting her front of being HBIC back on as Toni stood next to the armchair, it reminded me a lot of when the queen would stand next to her king in some medieval movie except this was modern day and the queen didn't need a king, only another queen to make her happy.