Chapter Thirty-Five.

"I'm thinking of joining the farm." I voiced my opinion to Sweet Pea as we lay cuddling on our new king bed in Thistle-house.

"You're joking right?" Sweet Pea asked as he looked down at me, shock was clear in his voice.

"Evelyn has been there for me so much over the last week, she's helped me out and made me feel grounded and safe. Ever since my sleepover there her father has welcomed me with open arms, I think we should move in with them." I moved to the side so I could get a clear view of Sweet Pea's face as I spoke.

"We literally just moved in with Cheryl and Toni? Now you want to move again? I thought we kept you safe? I thought I kept you safe?" Sweet Pea emphasised the 'I' in that sentence making me slightly confused.

"Of course you do but what I'm saying is that we could be even safer, nobody gets into that property unless they're invited. Everyone knows everyone's secrets, they're all a massive family. I think we could benefit off it: that environment, imagine raising little Charlie with them!" I excitedly nodded towards my stomach that looked like I was about to pop any day now.

"I understand what you're saying about security but did you forget we're literally Serpents? Cheryl has an archery set right out her back door? We've protected ourselves and OUR family all our lives. Why do you feel the need to join a whole new family?" Sweet Pea's voice was laced with annoyance as he sat up and stared directly at me.

"We may be Serpents but there's not many of us left and everyone has their own thing going on. They can't protect us like the Farm can. Edgar said he would give us our own bedroom with an ensuite that even has another room connected for our baby! Don't you want that? We could be a whole family in a proper loving home." 

"I don't know Dani. This doesn't sound safe. How much do we even know about this Farm and Edgar?" 

"I know everything about them. They've told me all of their secrets and I've told them all of my own." I smiled thinking about the openness of the Farm and how I never had to worry there.

"Wait everything? What have you told them that I don't know?" 

"It's not for you to worry about babe. I've got to get going, I have a meeting to attend too." I kissed Sweet Pea on the lips before standing up and straightening out my flowing brown dress, it was simple and easy yet it had a way of making me feel more connected to the earth. 

"Wait." Sweet Pea spoke hesitantly as I reached the bedroom door. "What if I come with you? I could drop you off and maybe stay awhile?" 

I thought about it for a moment, I wondered how Edgar would feel if I brought my own fiancé with me to one of our meetings however I knew he would be welcome to a new member.

"Sounds great! Get your jacket and we'll get going." I chirped before heading down the long staircase to another weekly meeting, this would be my second meeting with the Farm. They did one every Wednesday night at their residence, it was where we spoke about potential new members, new projects we had coming up and sometimes we initiated new people into our community. I was yet to be officially initiated as Edgar said I couldn't be pregnant for the process however I had been welcomed by the Farm with open arms.

---

"Sister Danica, welcome." Edgar greeted me with a hug and a kiss on the cheek as Sweet Pea and I walked up to the front doors of the Farm. "And who may this be?" Edgar looked between Sweet Pea and I as we held hands.

"This is my fiancé, Sweet Pea, I thought it would be a good idea if he joined us for one of our meetings so he could see what we were all about?" I suggested to Edgar as I looked between the two of them and squeezed Sweet Pea's hand slightly, telling him to be nice.