33

I arrive at the police office and get directed to the Xiaojun guy.

"Hi Chanyeol, why are you here? Sadly we haven't gotten any information yet, but we're trying our best"

"Okay, can I log in at your computer? Please? I have something to show you" I say.

"I- sure?"

I open the app and open the email they sent to mr. Byun.

"They had send this to Baekhyun's father's company. I copied it to this app so no one will find out it is opened" I say. "Here, read"

"Okay give me a second" he looks at his other screen. "Mrs. Jacky Parker is the 'unknown' person who had send te email" he says "that was easy. Okay, let's find out who she is and where she lives"

Xiaojun, three other officers and I get inside a car and drive to the city hall. "We'll go inside, you can wait here" one of them says to me. I take a few steps back and wait outside. I take my phone from my pocket and call mrs. Byun

"Oh Son! Have you heard something?" She sounds like she's on a verge of crying, which I totally understand.

"Yes. They know who has send the email. This means we're one step closer to Baekhyunee"

"Oh my! Really?"

"Yes. She's definitely not from here, at least one of her parents isn't. Her name is Jacky Parker. We're now at the city hall. I don't exactly know what they're talking about right now" I say.

"My baby!" She sobs "I miss him! I want him to be safe in his apartment"

I sigh "we miss him all. We're trying our best to find him back okay?"

"I- I know"

I sit down on the stairs and look at the stars

"I promise we'll bring him back alive"

"T-thank you son"

I smile and end the call. I look at the stars, thinking of Baekhyun. What if they can't bring him back alive? What if he got starved? What if they've already killed him? No.. that's not possible they told mr. Byun they'll bring him back in exchange for his company, but what if we're too late and they've killed him already..

I sign and feel another warmth next to me. I look at the person and realize it's Chen.

"Hi" he smiles "what are you doing here? I thought you were having dinner with Baekhyun's parents"

"I did, but dad got a mail from an unknown person, saying that if we want Baekhyun back dad has to sell his company to them"

"Dad? And then why're you at the city hall then?"

"I call Baekhyun's father dad since Baekhyun has been missing" I mumble "anyways, I went to the police and they've found the person behind the email and they're now here. I think they're asking where she lives and stuff like that, I mean, she must have something to do with them"

Chen nods "I hope you guys will find him soon, I'm sorry I can't help"

"No it's okay. You have to keep your fans happy"

"I don't want to, but sm isn't cancelling my schedules to help you with looking for any traces of
Baekhyun" he sighs.

"It's okay. I can't do much too. We don't have much traces of him. This was the biggest thing. We know someone who has something to do with them so there might be hints around her. She knows where he is. What if she has him locked somewhere in her house?"

Chen nods "how are his parents doing by the way?"

"Mom looks like she didn't get any sleep for a very long time but dad looks fine tho. When we're talking about him he gets silent but when he's not the topic he acts like nothing is going on. I mean, he has to. He has a company to run. I just called mom but she was crying. I feel sad for them. Having a son kidnapped.."

"Hey, He's your boyfriend huh. Don't act like you aren't related to him. He's your future husband Park Chanyeol" he smiles.

"I hope he can be. Who knows if he's dead"

"Let's pray"

"As if I don't do that every night"

"You pray?"

"Of course! My boyfriend has been missing for nearly three months! One more week and he's been missing for three months! What am I supposed to do then? Wait? I don't have much patience left. I want him back" I lean onto his shoulder and let my tears roll down my cheeks.

"It's okay to cry. Come here ya big baby" he chuckles.

I pull back from the hug and dry my cheeks with the sleeve of my denim jacket.

"It still feels weird to be this close to my teacher"
He mumbles.

"Oh.. I'm sorry.. also, for me it feels weird to be this close to a  famous singer, but we both don't feel good because of the same thing"

He nods "you know, I'm usually making fun of everything and everyone, being loud as fuck, but now I'm more concerned about telling someone a little bit too much about Baekhyun and our friendship that can possibly ruin things for us or make me regret things. I miss him. A lot"

"Lately I've been listening to your song a lot. The collaboration with Baekhyun. I miss his voice a lot.
His cuddles. His unconditional love for everyone"

"Same"

I sigh and watch the officers leaving the building. "Lets go back to the office mr. Park" they say.

I stand up and smile at Jongdae "see you later"

"Yes, bye"

The officers and I walk back to their car and drive back to the office.

"So, we found out she owns two apartments, one here in Seoul, she lives there with her parents. She owns one in Songho-ri. It's far to the south. we'll inform our officers there to check up on the house she owns there. We'll keep an eye on her apartment in Seoul" Xiaojun says.

Song ho- ri. That means I need to take a train.. no roads from Seoul lead there. The train to Busan takes longer than 3 hours, Sonho ri is even more to the south, hidden behind even more mountains..