4. Wild Things

Being in love feels like baby-sitting a kitten,
It's mysterious and mischievous and
You wonder what it is going to do next

Jungkook's POV

It was moving day.

I hadn't realized how much of hustle relocating was until I started packing a few weeks ago. There was just so much involved both physically and emotionally. I was nervous, excited, exhausted and all things in between. I did not have to worry about finding a place in the city because I had the coolest friends who became brothers in the city. I had known Namjoon and Jin since high school. While they were a couple of grades ahead of Tae and me, we had an instant connection and soon after we met, we created our small circle of friends. They took it upon themselves to look out for us.

Being an only child can be lonely at times and when they assumed the 'big brother' role in our lives, I basked in the attention without shame. Its times like this I was grateful for them. Since they already lived in Seoul, half of my hustle was done. I had let them know that I would be moving to Seoul and they were ready to help in any way they could.

Tae finally let me know that he had just landed a job at one of the biggest companies in the fashion industry and had to move to Seoul too. The timing was perfect and I had one less thing to worry about - which was being away from one of my closest friends. I liked that we were starting the next adventure of our lives together. With this new information, I let Jin know that I wouldn't be moving in with them but would be looking for a two bedroom flat to share with Tae. They were more than happy to help find a place for us to stay.

A few days after, Jin called to let me know that they had found a gorgeous place, not too far from where they lived and it was in close proximity to both Tae and I's workplace.

Tae and I went to the same university but his major was in Fashion and Design. He had been crazy about fashion in the same way I was crazy about IT. The boy was good at it and when I say 'good', I mean amazing. I envied his extremely creative mind. Then again I had no reason to because I was an indirect beneficiary of his work. Well, let's just say on many occasions, for his school projects, I was his mannequin. With him in my life, I committed less crimes against fashion.

But, I digress.

I was just so excited that I wasn't going to be a friend short in the big city.

Early Saturday morning, we set off in our rented moving truck. The decision to drive down, was on the premise that it would be fun. And with my crazy best friend and personal DJ in the passenger's seat, it would even be better. Also, I am very particular about my things, especially some of the high end electronics I owned and I did not trust the moving company to be kind to my babies.

The drive was fun and adventurous, just as I had anticipated. We sang our lungs out loud to the songs we liked and the food and snacks we had pre-packed fueled our crazy. We were taking the scenic route to the city took full advantage of it. We would occasionally stop to take in beautiful sites and take pictures. This made our journey longer but it wasn't like we were in a rush. After all, we had a few days to settle in before we were both expected to report for work.

Photography was my second love after IT. I loved to capture beautiful moments. Through photographs, I could tell a story and give people a peek into who I was as a person. I incorporated personality and creativity in them and it was easy - if one was intuitive enough - to get a feel of what I was feeling when I was taking the picture. It is this love for photography that led me to save up like crazy and buy a high end camera that I absolutely loved.