11. Avec Toi

Behind us are memories,
Besides us are friends
Before us are dreams

Back in the car, the four couldn't stop talking about how great an evening it had been. They gushed over the tiny details of the evening from the company to the food. For Jin – a seasoned chef – to commend the quality of the food, it meant that it was truly exceptional.

Jin had gotten along so well with Jimin. In fact, he had become closer to him than anyone else because they had so much in common. But that was just the thing about Jimin – he always drew people in. So impressed was he with the dinner set up that he purposed to utilize Jimin’s careful eye and creative ability at his restaurant. He had been thinking about revamping his restaurant for a while now and he had just found the fresh eye he had been looking for in Jimin. So over the goodbyes and the lets-do-this-agains numbers were exchanged and promises made to hang out a lot more.

"He is incredible isn't he?" Jin said.

"He really is. It was an incredible evening. Did you see the house? He looks like he does well for himself," Namjoon added.

"And extremely gorgeous. I would so tap that," Tae added from the back seat.

Jungkook blushed at the compliments his object of desire and affection was getting. He almost protested vehemently when Tae made a mention of asking him out on a date. Jungkook hadn’t disclosed the fact that he was the person he was crazy about. Out of the blue, in the midst of the compliments and naughty comments he blurted out, "Guys! Jimin is the guy."

"The guy? What guy?" Namjoon, who was driving asked.

"TheguyIamcrazyabouttheonewhoworksatmyoffice." He mumbled and hoped that they had missed it.

Not believing what he had just heard, Namjoon slammed his foot on the breaks.

"Say what now?!??!" Jin who was in the passenger's seat turned around so fast his neck could snap.

"Are you shitting us right now?" Tae asked.
This was a conversation they shouldn't have been having in the middle of the road. Without thinking twice, Namjoon pulled over.

"Jungkook-ah are you for real," Namjoon exclaimed. "Do you think that now is the time for you to be mentioning this? Why didn't you say anything at the party? Why? Why? Why?"

They all looked at him like he had just landed from space; none them comprehending why he had failed to mention this while they were still at the party.  But, one thing they agreed on was that Jimin was such a charming guy – he was easy to like, warm and had a great personality.

“Mnnh… Now that I think about it,” Tae began, “Is that why you guys kept making googly eyes at each other all night?”

“No we weren’t,” he protested.

“Yes you were. I just thought maybe like me, you found him intriguing. Now this makes a lot of sense,” Tae said.

“Boy you crazy,” Jungkook said as he turned to look outside the window.

“I can tell you this for a fact though," Jin started "I think he likes you too."