32. Chasing Highs🔞

Let's makeout, have sex, cuddle and have a deep talk. Then let's have sex again, go out to eat, then go back home, watch a movie and have sex again.
-

Da-Hyun's arrest hit the screens in waves and no matter what channel one tuned to - big or small - there he was, his face plastered on every screen. As a son of prominent people, the media was very brutal in the way they tore his life apart. It wasn't like none of it was true but it wasn't until his life was torn apart that Jimin fully comprehended just how dangerous and twisted the man was. On the couch of their living room, he stared in disbelief as report after report of his violence and other vices were brought to light. "I am so lucky to be alive," he thought as his hand trembled and heart filled with dread at the thought of what would have happened to him if he had stayed with the man.

Dae-Hyun had been arrested on an unrelated charge as he tried to board a flight out of the country. Jimin knew the man had to be mentally unstable. Even though he did not know the extent of his instability or psychosis, he was confident that there was something wrong with him. He had just found out from the media that a few months before the incident at the restaurant, he had escaped from the psychiatric hospital he had been admitted into. Rumor was that he had completely snapped months ago when his wife had filed for a divorce citing irreconcilable differences and infidelity as a reason. They all knew - his friends and family - that it was more than that. They all knew he was just psycho. But the pride of the parents for the fear of tainting their perfect public image, made sure that that the news of his divorce as well as admission to psychiatric hospital had been kept under wraps.

A wave of relief swept over him and suddenly he felt like he could breathe. The shadow that hung over him and the fear that always surrounded him whenever he went out was suddenly lifted. The sleepless nights filled with nightmares and lack of appetite had taken a toll on his health. He could feel how loose around the waist his pants had become and could see the worry on his friends' faces and that of his love who tried so hard to hide it every time he looked at him.

Finally, he could live his life again; go out with his friends, go to public spaces and walk around without constantly looking over his shoulder each time he did that. He hated the feeling of having to be alert and on the lookout.

He was brought out of his mind by the ringing of the phone. He reached out for it where it was vibrating against the coffee table and swiped across the screen to answer it. He did not recognize the number.

"Hello, may I please speak to Park Jimin," a heavy voice on the other end of the line begun.

"Hi," he replied hesitantly. "Park Jimin speaking, how can I help you?"

"This is inspector Lee speaking. We would like you to come by the station for an outstanding case that involves you. I am not sure if you are aware but the suspect of your attack has been apprehended and we would like you to identify him and answer some follow up questions," the voice said.

"I just found out from the news," he began. "Thank you for giving me a call... when would you like me to come in?" he asked.

"How about today around noon?"

"Sure, I will be there," Jimin replied as he hang up. He let out a breathe he didn't know he was holding and came to the realization that he was trembling. He leaned back into the couch, sighed and a sob tore through him. Relief flooded through him and as he cried, he purged his soul of the stress, the pain and the heartache that had been a part of his life for the longest time. He was finally free.