36. Each Other's

I will love you until you run out
of reasons to not love me,
And then, I will love you a little more.
-

The two lovers lie on the tiny nest they have created about the fireplace, their whispers barely audible over the crackle of lively flames. It is their tiny sun for the evening, casting long shadows over their fluffy carpet onto the walls. The flames curl and sway, flicking this way and that, crackling as they burn the dry wood. The fire mimics the warmth of day as they hold hands - fingers intertwined - looking at each other eyes and watch it illuminate each other's features. Even though the air isn't smokey, they can smell the pine as it burns, just a faint fragrance that reassures their senses that they will have comfort in the long harsh winter nights.

The marble and wooden surround wide over mantle that encase it is decorated with portraits of themselves and photos of their little family of seven with a mirror hanging over the fireplace. The fireplace in this house has always been Jimin's favourite place in the winter and this year it has been made even more special with a love in his life - the love of his life. The thought that he does not have to spend yet another winter alone warms his heart and causes a flight of butterflies in his belly. This is all he ever wanted and more.

It has been an eventful day for both of them and as they face each other, they can't even begin to fathom how kind the universe has been to them. Coming to the realization that they had shared a childhood together - a great one at that even though it was for a short time - was exciting. They had learnt of how wonderfully close they had been with each other and the fact that they had found each other after all these years was just as much a surprise to Jimin's mother as it had been to them. It was like the universe had predestined their journeys and their strings intertwined to lead them to each other no matter where their individual journeys led them.

"I still can't believe it," Jimin whispers to Jungkook as he runs his hands through Jungkook luscious locks. Jungkook purrs in contentment and lazily opens his eyes to look at Jimin.

"Me too love," he agrees as he looks into his lover's eyes and feels his heart rate speed and stomach flip. The silver haired beauty before him has brought so much love and light into his life that he cannot begin to explain. The knowledge of them sharing a childhood increased his loved for him ten fold - if it wasn't immense enough. Even though time had passed since they met, Jungkook still gets surprised at the pulling in his chest when he looks at Jimin. If the feelings he had had proven anything was that like the aging of fine wine, his love for Jimin got better with time.

Jimin never felt sorry that he met Jungkook or that he had let his walls down way too fast. He can never regret the other guys that he never knew because everyday was just another first, another chance for him to fall in love with Jungkook. And he did. Often times when the dark haired boy with blonde highlights was around, his heart wouldn't slow down. It would beat so fast making it hard for him to catch his breathe.

Music had always been their thing and so it is very typical that they have soft music playing in the background as they lie in front of the fire place, their naked bodies draped over and tangled with each other seeking warmth as they steal tender kisses and get lost in each other's eyes.

They had come crashing through the door from Jimin's mother's place ripping each other's clothes off and kissing with passion. Even though they were dying to devour each other, they took time to explore each other's bodies - like they were learning each other for the first time - and made sweet love by the fireplace in between whispered "I love you's" and tender kisses.

***

A few hours earlier...

"The first few years after Jimin was born had been tough," Jimin's mother had begun. "We lived in Busan then..."