21. First Impressions

First impressions last.
-

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! This is bad! This is bad! This is bad!

Shit!

Jungkook cursed repeatedly as he ran his hands through his hair and paced around the room. He could feel his palms get sweaty and he nervously bit his lower lip. Now wrapped in a bathrobe he wished he could turn the hand of time by just 10 minutes to save himself from such an embarrassing situation. What the hell just happened? He thought to himself closing his eyes and wished it all away.

Jimin eyed him quietly and tried as much as he could to suppress a laugh. I mean, what mother wants to walk in to find another man's son on top of hers? No mother ever! What mother wants to walk in on their beloved child doing the naughty? None. But, seeing how nervous the taller was, was even more amusing. He understood his feelings but still, watching him pace around like his pants were on fire was a spectacle to behold. "If you don't calm down, you might go bald from pulling your hair. Breathe, okay? Breathe."

Jimin didn't think much of it. I mean yes, it was a very compromising position his mother had found them in. And yes, this wasn't the way he had wanted his mother to meet his significant other. But his mother was the most laid back person he ever knew and she probably was just as embarrassed as they were and he was sure by now that she would be downstairs laughing her lungs out.

"Why are you so fucking calm?!" He asked Jimin exasperated. "How can you be so calm in such a situation?" He asked again, hands lifted to his side in a questioning manner. He looked comical. Really. Unable to hold it in, Jimin let it out and burst into a laugh.

"This is not funny!" He said under his breathe also trying to suppress a laugh that was threatening to come out. He thought of all the ways he could get out of the house. Should he climb down over the balcony? No, he would probably drop and break a bone or two. Which surprisingly at this point sounded more pleasant than having to face Jimin's mother. What about locking himself in until she had left? No way, that would be rude. Ever ruder than the compromising situation they had been caught in. Should he say, "Nice to meet you Jimin, it was nice while it lasted? Let's not see each other again?" No! That would even be crazier. What's he to do? None of the scenarios seemed perfect.

The only solution was to meet his mother and face the music, like ripping off a wax strip and then put the whole episode behind them. Still, that wasn't even appealing.

Fuck!

"Stop cursing... I hate it when you do!" Jimin warned him. "Come on, get decent, and let's go meet my mother... your future mother-in-law," he added with a snicker. He was taunting him and it felt so damn good. He wouldn't ever let him forget this moment. Ever! Jungkook picked up a pillow and hurled it at Jimin who dodged, made faces at him and took a piece of waffle from their long forgotten breakfast and he disappeared into the bathroom.

Jungkook came in to the bathroom timidly rubbing the back of his neck. Jimin looked at him through his reflection in the mirror. Rubbing the back of his neck was his nervous habit. The big doe eyed tough guy suddenly looked like a lost puppy. I mean it isn't everyday that a mother walks in to find her son messing around and more so with someone she had never met. At the back of his mind, he was wondering, worried about his not-so-pleasing first impression.

"Come here baby!" He said sitting him on the covered toilet and settled in his lap. "Don't worry about this, my mother, though she may well be... scarred a little.... she won't think much of it. She is the most laid back person you will ever meet aside from me. Okay? I know that this is not the most ideal way to introduce you to her but think of it as a hilarious story we get to tell our kids someday and warn them not to introduce their significant others that way," he said.