39. Love me Tender

**Sweet... you'd get a toothache... smut**
-

Love me tender,
love me dear,
and tell me you are mine.
I'll be yours through all the years,
till the end of time.

***

Jimin paced back and forth in his hotel room. He was trying as hard as he cold to avoid biting his nails. Biting his nails when he was nervous was a habit that he had been trying to kick out. Every once in a while, he would check his phone to confirm that it was indeed not on silent mode and that he had not received any messages. He double checked his signal bar for double measure to see that it really did work and could receive messages just fine. Nothing had come through his phone for a while - which was odd. He and Jungkook always texted back and forth and the fact that he had not had from Jungkook for a couple of hours now put him on edge. He was trying so hard not to blow everyone's phone off to find out his whereabouts as he did not want to look crazy and extremely clingy. But this was Jungkook we are talking about, he was allowed to be clingy all he wanted. What's worse, he had missed his daily video call.

It was a Friday in Paris and this particular one happened to be a holiday France. Jungkook knew this and had agreed to a virtual date and a day or night of hanging out. The plan had been that Jungkook would work for half the day then head home and log on for the call. They would have a meal together despite the time difference and then watch a movie together. Jimin had turned down the invite from one of his colleagues to hang out that day and explore a little bit of France. After all, there was more to France than just Paris.

"Did he fall sick?" Jimin wondered to himself. He shook that thought because it was scary. Even if he was sick, it wasn't like his fingers were dysfunctional, he could still type and let him know.

"Is he too stressed out about everything that is going on? Is it too much to handle? Oh my God what if something terrible has happened and he is lying in a ditch somewhere where no help is coming?" he asked himself and that self-conversation drove him near mad. "No Jimin, you can't think of bad things," he admonished himself as he smoothed his hand over his chest in an effort to calm his furiously beating heart and paced around like his ass was on fire.

He just about gave up and reached for his phone to call Jin when the phone of his hotel room rung startling him out of his panic and thoughts.

"Bonjour? Jimin parle. Comment puis-je vous aider" (Hello, Jimin speaking. How can I help you?) he spoke into the phone after he picked up.

"Bonjour, excusez-moi monsieur Jimin? (Good morning, excuse me Mr. Jimin?)" a lady's voice with a heavy French accent comes through. He gathered it was from the receptionist. "There is a package that just arrived for you at the reception. Would you like if we sent it to your room?"

"I wasn't expecting any package though. Are you sure it is for me?"

"It says for the attention of Mr. Park Jimin on it and has the room number 1303 on it, that is you, isn't it?" she asked. Jimin could hear rapid tapping against a keyboard and he assumed she was typing as she spoke. He found her French accent adorable and couldn't help the smile when she tried to pronounce his name.

"Yes, that is me," he replied with uncertainty in his voice. He was a little confused because he truly wasn't expecting any package. Could it be from his office? I mean who else could it be if not from his office?