16. You are my Anchor

Because of you I have found the definition, the anchor and the direction of my life.

Finally day of the launch was here. It was time to show what the months of hard work had birthed and Jimin was at the centre of it. He was nervous, excited and all things in between. But, the one thing he wanted was to finally be done with it all. While it had been exciting, fulfilling and gave him a sense of fulfilment, it was exhausting – both emotionally and physically. He could use the break.

Jungkook couldn't wait to have his boyfriend's one hundred percent attention. With a lot going on in both their lives, they hadn't had much time to spend together and he was feeling a little neglected.

“Three more hours to go,” Jimin murmured to himself as he sat at his desk going over the material. He had been at the event hall and he was satisfied with the setup. He had gone over the guest list with the event team and discussed the seating arrangements for all the guests invited. Everything was done and double checked except his speech.

He did not feel confident with his speech and as a result his nerves were all over the place. Even though dealing with dealing with large groups was a large part of his job, speaking in front of large crowds wasn’t something he looked forward to. There was also the fact that he was a newbie in this position and though his superiors had heard good things, he couldn't help but get all jittery. He would be speaking in front of the bog shots in the company. His speech would be what would sell the product and also prove that he was worthy of the position.

He couldn’t focus. He took a sip of his water and stared at the sandwich before him. With butterflies in his stomach and his head buzzing with bits and pieces of his speech, there was no way on earth he'd swallow a bite. His hand twitched involuntarily and he pinched the bridge of his nose trying to calm his frayed nerves. “Breathe in, breathe out!” he whispered as he breathed along. It wasn’t working.

Without much thought he found himself on his way to the one and only thing that centred him, Jungkook. He needed him. He needed his hug and warmth enveloping him. He needed his words of assurance – to hear him say it would go alright. He needed his scent – it always found its way into his muddled brain and anchored him. He needed… he just needed him.

He quickly pulled out his phone and texted him asking him to meet at their secret spot. He paced and wiped his clammy hands on his pants as he waited. Jungkook walked in to find a very nervous Jimin squatting and hugging his knees with his head buried between them.

"Hey babe, you alright?" He asked as he knelt before him. Jimin lifted his head to look into the warm eyes of his boyfriend. Jungkook reached out and brushed a stray hair out of his face, tucking it behind Jimin’s ear. He reached out for his hands and he could feel him shake with nervousness. They were cold too.

"I am all nerves today,” Jimin said with a nervous chuckle. “I can't seem to rein in my emotions. My hands won't stop shaking," he said helplessly.

"Come here you," Jungkook said pulling him up into a hug. He placed his head on his chest and Jimin breathed in the unique scent that was his. He could feel himself calm down.

"You have prepared for this for a long time. I, of all the people know how much energy and hard work has gone into this. I am absolutely positive you will do well," Jungkook said. As his voice reverberated through his chest, matched with his heartbeat, it calmed Jimin down. Jungkook didn't know this but whenever Jimin was stressed out, he always sought him out and laid his head on his chest and listened to him speak.