37. Away

Like the endless waves, our possibilities are infinite

"Two months babe?" Jungkook asked in disbelief. “What am I supposed to do with myself for two freaking months? He asked as he stood and stomped upstairs to their shared bedroom like a petulant child who did not get their way. He slammed the door for the theatrics of it and threw himself onto their bed face first. Jimin’s intoxicating scent that always clung to the beddings invaded his senses and he found himself relaxing without much effort. He needed some distance and time to take in the news.

He was upset. He knew it was not his place to be upset about it considering Jimin was the best at what he did and the most sought after person in his field. Hell, companies were always trying to poach him but his current company had fought hard to keep the swarming sharks at bay. He was proud of his love in every way – one could not quantify the amount of love and pride he carried in his heart for his incredibly talented love. But, what was he supposed to do when his love just told him that he had to go away on a business trip for a two months? The selfish part of him wanted him to wrap him in a bubble and lock him up in a place where he could have him all to himself but he was not one to clip the wings of those he loved – especially someone as incredibly important as Jimin.

He being upset was not misplaced.

They had never really been apart from the time they started dating and now that they were living together, they were even more inseparable. Now… he had to endure two long months without feeling his presence, having his warmth surround him or just feel his soothing aura around him. How was he supposed to do that?

A tiny knock sounded on the door breaking him out of his sulking and Jimin’s adorable face popped into the room with a pleading expression that seemed to say ‘please let me in’. He waited at the doors for a few seconds waiting for a response from Jungkook. Hesitantly, he tiptoed towards the bed and Jungkook curled further into a ball at the sound of the nearing footsteps. God, even his footsteps sounded graceful. In this moment, Jungkook felt small and vulnerable.

The past couple of months had been hectic – both at work and their personal lives. With Joon and Jin’s wedding coming up, a lot of their time had been dedicated towards planning. Between vendors, venues, dance lessons and all that hullabaloo that came with weddings they made sure to have a good time with everything so that they were not overwhelmed. Jimin was busy with a major project at work and it required collaboration with the France team. Jungkook had his work cut out for him at the office and he had finally launched a personal website to showcase his photography – after Jimin's loving incessant nagging and pushing he had finally caved.

"Your photos are great baby. Who knows, maybe one day you will become a famous photographer," he said every single time.

"You just say that because you are my boyfriend,” he replied defensively.

"And who more than your incredible boyfriend to tell you the truth. Your photos are epic and I am just gonna keep asking until you do it."

True to his word Jimin kept nagging until he launched the website and Jungkook had to admit, he had been right about it. Jungkook had gotten a few gigs that brought in some extra cash that helped afford a few more life luxuries and gave him a chance to spoil his love rotten. They made time to get away on the weekends, had frequent dates and hang out with their friends. They had also taken one weekend to visit Jungkook’s dad and he absolutely adored Jimin. He loved him even more when he found out that Jimin was the child Jungkook had been enamored by and couldn't agree more that fate had indeed brought them back to each other. That they were definitely meant to be.