30. Cheers to Life

Because this is what I believe - that second chances are stronger than secrets. You can let secrets go. But a second chance? You don't let that pass you by.

-

The room was crowded.

Everyone showed up the moment they got wind of him waking up and though he was happy, Jimin felt exhausted. He was propped up so he could chat to his many visitors and he could easily pass for a florist because there could never be enough flowers for someone who is sick. Jungkook had placed numerous amounts of pillows to support his back and offer maximum comfort. Jimin felt like he was seated on a cloud. His ever loving boyfriend had spared no expense when it came to his comfort. He had defied almost all the hospital rules and the nurses could not wait for Jimin to get discharged. Though cute - they had enough of his fussy boyfriend.

"We are so glad you are doing fine," Lisa fawned over Jimin making him smile and soak in all the attention like a kitten. The lump in Jungkook's throat threatened to choke him as jealousy bubbled within him. Keeping their relationship on the down low was a lot of work and his resolve was almost breaking. He wanted to pull Lisa by the hair and drag her away from her boyfriend. "Look but don't touch," he repeated in his head and became more irritable with every stroke on Jimin's cheek.

But, he endured.

It wouldn't look right if he didn't show up with his colleagues. What excuse would he have for not going with the others? So, he bit into his cheek, put on a silly grin and bowed over politely wishing Jimin a quick recovery and boringly participated in their conversations like he hadn't been there the whole time. The smile that spread over Jimin's face told Jungkook that he was enjoying it a little too much and he made a mental note to pout later. Another half hour and the colleagues left, only for the room to be crowded by his bosses, a few friends from the dance studio and other acquaintances. Jimin was popular - that was for sure. It felt a little too much for the first day and Jimin asked that no one else be let in after the group that had just left except his close friends and family.

Everyone had been itching to hear what had actually happened and so they skirted around the topic without directly asking - because everyone loves a good juicy story. But, Jimin didn't necessarily offer an explanation. He didn't owe them one. So all they knew was that it was a burglary gone wrong.

Jungkook made himself scarce as everyone visited and let Jimin's mom be the one to take care of the guests. He went into town to get a couple of things done and to check on the progress at the police station and afterwards went home to get a change of clothes. After the attack, neither Jungkook nor Tae, had been back at the apartment. Tae had moved in with Hobi for the meantime and Jungkook was staying over at Namjoon and Jin's - it was closer to town and the hospital. In fact, he and Tae had been contemplating on moving out of the house entirely - it just held to much pain for them and while they hated to let it go, it was for the better.

It has been a taxing day. Finally, visiting hours were over and it was quiet once again. Jungkook guided a whiny Jimin to the bathroom for his regular evening bath. This time, not a bed bath because the doctor had instructed the nurses - well, Jungkook in this case - to ensure that Jimin got out of bed at least twice a day and walked around for about five minutes to prevent thrombosis. He was high on pain medicine and Jungkook got quite a laugh as he acted out of character. It was heart stopping adorable.

"Baby, thank you for taking care of me," Jimin whispered to Jungkook as he took a seat on a chair in the bathroom. "I don't deserve so much..."