35. Strings of Fate

We are tied to our soulmate by String of Fate.
The string may tangle, it may stretch, but it will never break.
And that regardless of time, place or circumtances.
We will always be together!

The drive to Jimin's mom's place was quiet - the comfortable kind - the soft music in the background made it so serene and incredibly romantic. Jungkook looks into Jimin's eyes occasionally from the driver's seat and reaches out to rub his thigh tenderly to soothe the nervous tick that has his leg constantly tapping on the floor of the car. Jimin is nervous. A good kind. A hopeful kind of nervous. He hopes that the answers or truth he is about to face are real and not just a dream or even because he wishes it could be true. Jungkook is nervous too but he has always been the strong one though the deep red pool of blood in his lips as a result of nervous biting tells a different story.

There is the occasional honking from other drivers on the road that shout curses trying to get them to move on when they do not notice the light changing to green because they are so lost in their world and in each other. There is so much that is unsaid between the two after the crazy day they just had and were on their way to gain a little more clarity from Jimin's mother. The gentle flutters in Jimin's stomach coupled with the clammy feel of his hands makes him feel like he is floating. His fate, his world had been curved even if he didn't know it yet. But, you know what they say about fate right? No matter how many detours one takes on their journey of life, fate always brings them back to their destined path.

Some would call it bewitched; Jungkook called it love. He realized in this moment that there was an emptiness in the freedom of being alone and a liberty in being caught in that divine spell. And so when he saw in Jimin's eyes the feelings of his heart, they become one... and if that wasn't magic then he couldn't say what is.

And as Jimin looked at Jungkook, he understood that there's a reason love was invisible, undetectable with anything but the human mind. As humans, we aren't evolved enough to be trusted with it. We'd try to engineer it, alter it, use it and weaponize it even. Aren't there always great reasons to do immoral acts? Or are they excuses to allow us to follow our more basic desire for dominance? Power addiction is always the wrong route to escape fear. The only way to understand love is to feel it, embody it, and embrace it. The power of love will always be greater than any other and the keys to reality will only ever be given to true students of the only master.

In this moment, their love grew. It was like a heat that spread from their core - the heart - and spread through their bodies igniting everything in its path and made its way to the ends of their toes to the tips of their fingers and onto every hair stranded that when they touched it ignited and consumed them. Whoever said soulmates were cliché definitely did not know what they were talking about.

Everything goes back to earlier in the day. The reason why they are making the trip in the first place.

**Earlier that day**

Jungkook sits on the couch browsing through movies on Netflix waiting for Jimin to come back from the kitchen where he went to get them some tea. It was an exhausting day at work and all they wanted was to just relax and watch their worries - if they had any - away. It had been busy on Jimin's end with the endless meetings and paperwork that he needed to approve. A quick lunch with his boyfriend brought some semblance of light in his gloomy day and he wanted so badly for the day to end. So when his boyfriend came to pick him from his office under the pretense of having some papers signed at five o'clock, he was more than happy to leave everything behind for the next day.