43. Beautiful Secrets

And although time has passed
I still get surprised at the pulling in my chest when I know you are coming by
If this feeling has proven anything
It's not everything is gonna change with time
You are still mine 

“Jungkook is definitely hiding something from me,” Jimin sighed as he plopped onto the sofa next to Jin. He had just helped put one of the twins to bed while Jin tried to calm the other and lull him to sleep. It was a warm Saturday afternoon, he had no plans and he had missed the twins so he decided to pay Jin a visit. Jin could use the company and so could he. He needed a distraction. 

Namjoon had been working tirelessly the past couple of weeks because he was on a strict deadline which meant more hours away from Jin and the kids. They both didn’t like it but, work was work right? 

For Jimin, visiting Jin was an escape. The past two months had been the toughest for him. Not at work though, work was great. More than great. His relationship however, not so great. He was confused and did not know where to find answers.

“I think you are just being dramatic. So he has been sneaking out at odd hours and taking some ‘me’ time and busy with whatever… a man’s gotta have a little bit of mystery, right?” Jin asked.

“Didn't they tell you that sneaking around is a telltale sign of something not so nice? I really am not being dramatic and I support the whole mystery and stuff shit… I understand that space is needed but I am never secretive about it. I have always been honest when I needed me time. Talking about our different interests is what has always brought is together,” he replied a little down spirited.

“I am sure you have your own share of secrets, don't you? Everyone has some skeletons in their closet or something embarrassing they do on their own,” Jin chimed in in between laughter. 

“I do but…” Jimin started defensively. He was a little frustrated. 

“Then, you are being dramatic!” Jin cut in.
“Would you stop saying that!!?” he snarled back. His emotions were getting the better of him. “I really am not being dramat-…”

“Come on love, you really are," Jin cut in again. "You guys have been basically attached to the hip since you met. It gets old... or very routiney… If that is even a word… Space is needed sometimes,” Jin replied. “Tell me... when was the last time you guys went for a while without seeing each other? And I do not mean a day or two?”

“Well…. France was the longest and maybe last…” Jimin replied unsure as he scratched his head.

“Wow!! That long ago? No wonder he is tired of your ass!!” Jin lamented.

“Ouch!!!” Jimin responded, hurt by Jin’s commented even though Jin did not intend for it to be offensive. “Here I thought that you would offer some form of comfort. Jin, you do realize that you are the one I always run to for comfort? Did I make the wrong choice of a confidant?" Jimin asked with a pout.

"Aww… boo boo… I regard my role as confidant in high honor, trust me. But I won't sugarcoat it for you. I will make you see reason when I need you to," Jin replied and pulled him into a war tight hug.

Jimin felt like he could cry. He forced down the choke that was threatening to come with spilled tears and chuckled to ease the hurt he felt deep within.