31. Nobody's but Yours

Yet deep inside I know that I'm truly blessed that I was loved by someone like you. 

The frustration that Jimin felt as he sat on the abandoned bench at the park near the mall could not be compared to any other. It built within him and he felt like he would explode – he took a deep breathe. He wanted to shout, have a tantrum and beat his hands on the ground like a toddler. He wanted to vent, let it out but words failed him. He couldn’t get his raging mind to slow down and form words coherent enough to express his turmoil.

A week and more had passed since he was released from the hospital. Everything was taking a toll on him and it was affecting his boyfriend as well. The waking up screaming in the middle of the night drenched in sweat and the dark circles under his boyfriend’s eye were a testament that they were not fairing on well. Jungkook had been nothing but supportive but there is only so much that he could do in terms of helping him out. Memories Jimin had buried resurfaced after the attack and seemed to be pulling him back to a place he vowed never to go back to.

He was easily ticked off by the littlest things and looking back at the argument he had just had with his boyfriend, he realized that he needed to get a handle of his emotions before he went completely off the tracks.

×××

Thirty minutes earlier…

"Would you please hold still, I really don't want to hurt you!"

"I am trying... it's just hard to do so in this position."

"This was your idea. Couldn't we have waited a little longer at least till you got better?"

"No it couldn't! You also wanted this"

"Why not? Hold still, I am gonna push it in."

"Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! That really hurts. Please be gentle."

"I am trying as much as I can. Here, let me try it this way."

"Ow! Ow! Ow! Still hurts!"

"That's it! I give up. I can't do this."

"But baby, I need your help. I can't do this alone," Jimin pouted and looked up at Jungkook who was standing over him. He was frustrated and this whole endeavor was making him spend more energy than he needed to. The sales ladies outside tried to stifle their shock and amusement with all the commotion that was going on in the fitting room.

"But babe... we could have done this next week, at least after they took the cast of," Jungkook protested. He was irritable due to lack of sleep.

"Next week is too late. This is a limited item, I wouldn't have found it next week. Why are you complaining? We already found yours and you don't want to help me find mine."

"I am not complaining... This is not what all this is about and even you know it," Jungkook spat back and threw his hands in the air helplessly and ran them through his hair.

Tears welled up in Jimin's eyes. Ever since the attack he has been an emotional mess and he couldn't explain why. He found himself too angry or just too sad – nothing in between. “I hate this!” he voiced his frustration. “I hate not being able to do things on my own. I hate that I can't even do a simple thing as control my stupid emotions and now I am being a pain in the ass,” he said as he put his hands over his eyes wiping the tears that were now falling out. He had been crying a lot lately too.